Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: LOCKED OUT OF OSO!!!!!!

Magicfloat
    Yeah,an 18,solid red hull sidesred deck stripe with blue pinstripes,solid red upholserty and carpet. I sent them a photo of my old 18 and they are going to duplicate it for me in almost every detail. Had to forego the Perko stern light,they no longer produce it.My 2 blond labs and my dingo are gonna love this boat like my old Austrailian Shepard did in the 80's. Life is short,play hard

Too Old
    Boatnut....not only was it just the Pizza Man, he was at the wrong house....
    Toss some participation our way. We need the voices. Thanks for making an appearance.

Too Old
    Red all the way to the bottom? Thats the way my Yellow 18 was. No white bottom. I,m going to find a couple old pictures of that boat and scan them.
    In 1979 I went down to 188th street and went to see the plant. Roy Farmer gave me a tour of the plant. I still have his business card. He took me for a ride in a 22 that was built with an extended deck. In other words, the deck stretched back over the area where the front seats would be.The only seats were the rear couch. It was dark blue and white. Man I loved that thing. I'm not sure if they ever built more than just that one. If I could have any classic, that would be my choice.
    Ever heard of that boat?

Lee
    Fred, Good to see you here, I also have had similar feelings about OSO, It all started with the new board format and people abusing the picture postings which got way out of hand, personally I think that they lost one of their most respected members when you decided to leave.
    Magicfloat, If you are talking about one of those old Perko teloscoping stern lights I think I might have one in the box, I'll check and let you know.
    The old classic Donzi's are a blast, I had a 1965 16' with a Turbocharged Ford 351W and a Volvo 270T drive with a E speedmaster lower unit. And a 1968 18' with a 302

***boat
    Originally posted by US1Fountain:
    I'm learnin here to MissAmy. That no delete option is taking some getting used to.
    No worries, folks -- the double-post janitor is making his midnight sweeps ;-)
    Originally posted by Magnuman
    Hot Boat doesn't cater too much to offshore boating
    Now that's the first time I've ever heard that!

Magicfloat
    Fred, I believe the 22 you saw is on the dust jacket of the book Blue Thunder.I assume you have a copy? I am doing red sides and white bottom on the 18. Haven't decided yet on the 38ZR poker run boat,they are suggesting solid red hull(sides and bottom)might be too much redThe first 2 were all white,looked nice in Miami but maybe needs a little more flash as we are going to do several poker runs with it.

fwk
    Hi Fred I was sorry to hear of the problems you had on OSO but it looks like a lot of people have followed you over here. It will be great to catch up with you at LOTO. My first ride in a offshore make boat was a Donzi 18 down in FL My uncles son in law had just bought one I remember it going so fast he almost hit the island at the end of the canal. Jumped the swells at Hillsboro inlet. What great memories. It was red with a white deck and a stripe. I was hooked from then on. If you had that donzi at LOTO I remember it. If it is any consolation a lot of people want you back on OSO. Forrest
    [This message has been edited by fwk (edited February 28, 2002).]

Too Old
    Forrest...We did have that Donzi at Lakr of the Ozarks for years. It sat on a lift between Ozark BBQ and Mill Stone. Since our home was in the Sunrise Beach area, most of our boating there was between the Dam and the old Upside Down Bridge.
    Hard to believe an 18 footer was ever big enough for that lake.

Too Old
    Robert...you are one lucky guy. The photos of the new Donzi I saw from the Miami Boat Show were fantastic. That boat looks like some pretty serious hardware.

fwk
    Fred, My fathers partner owned Chateau Du Lac. The family still owns it. I do remember the donzi. Do you remember the people driving golf balls in the lake? More than likely it was us. There was always a party going on there. Great memories! Forrest

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast