Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Pump, What To Run

atxwrangler
    What Fuel Pump Do I Run With A Blown 460 Ford, To Be Sure It Doesn't Starve For Fuel And Lean Out? I Am Planning To Use An Electric Pump But Don't Know What Would Suit My Needs.i'm Running Two 750's And A Don Hampton 871!thanx!

Taylorman
    What Fuel Pump Do I Run With A Blown 460 Ford, To Be Sure It Doesn't Starve For Fuel And Lean Out? I Am Planning To Use An Electric Pump But Don't Know What Would Suit My Needs.i'm Running Two 750's And A Don Hampton 871!thanx!
    How about some pics of that motor? Im looking at a Hampton 671 for my motor. Did you buy it new or used?

Liberator TJ1984
    Marty, I'm running a Mallory Pro-Comp 250 3/4" line to fuel log w/ 4ea. 3/8" lines to the carbs on my 8/71 w 1050's
    Clay Smith makes a Mechanical that puts out 160gpm if you want to bypass all the electrical hassels

atxwrangler
    Thanx Chris,i Just Wasn't Sure How Much Was Enough.do You Have To Run A Bypass Back To Your Fuel Tank With The Procomp 250?

Bobby Knight
    I swear by the product engineering fuel products. They are expensive, but by far the best continuos duty pump on the market. Ran mine on a 1200+ hp blown carb motor. Yes, you have to run a return system on this one. There are a lot pumps that will meet your requirements, but this one is the most reliable, and larger enough for any future upgrades.

atxwrangler
    Can I Just Return The Fuel To One Tank, Or Do I Pipe It To Both Tanks? I Don't Want One To Over Fill! May Be A Stupid Question!AND THANX, BOBBY!

atxwrangler
    thanx riodog, i thought everyone was asleep! i'll try that! anyone else done this???

GofastRacer
    Use a Clay Smith with a bypass and be trouble free, plain and simple!..

Bobby Knight
    atx..., if you do go w/ abypass/returtn system, and you use a "t" valve which I recommend, make sure your lines are routed the same and as close to equal as possible, so they return fuel evenly, otherwise you may fill/overfill one side..

Bobby Knight
    I forgot to mention a fuel pump thats only been out a 6-8 months. I don't know the name of ikt, but its been advertised in hot rod, and I think car craft. It's a small billett mech pump, believe it's anodized red, and can support up to 1800hp without using any returns. Looks like a really trick pump..Originally came out for sbc, then bbc, might have one for a ford by know.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast