Thread: Buddy lookin for a boat. Need advice.

Danhercules
    I got a buddy that is lookin to get into a jet. He is lookin for a 20,21 open bow. He is lookin like 94 and newer. Also lookin to spend 20k
    Is there any boats to stay away from? Should he look for a particular brand?
    Pumps, I have a berk. I like it. Are there any problems with any other pumps?
    Any info would be great. Thanks

HotHallet
    Eliminator or Carrera are the immediate boats that come to mind. I would stay away from a Tahiti or Carribean. Either a 454 or 460 and a Berk C or G bowl pump. For 20K he should get one heck of a nice used jet boat. I would stay away from a Panther pump!

flat broke
    Carrera, Advantage, Shockwave, Ultra, etc. all offer the california custom openbow setup your friend is looking for. For an early to mid 90s with a 330-425hp bbc and a berk jg he'll probably end up around 12-15k for a very clean specimen. They're out there and with all the people that are moving to bigger boats, he should have quite a selection to chose from.
    Chris

rivercrazy
    Other good pumps out there are Dominator and American Turbine. Flat Broke's boat recommendations are solid. The Shockwave and Ultra offerings are better for rougher water cause they have 18 degree bottoms. The Advantage is 14 degrees but will probably run a few MPH faster but ride rougher.