Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Going to Lake powell in August, first....

FRENCHIE
    trip!! anyone got any updates on boating there for this summer? I.E. water levels, gas prices, etc?

hd&boatrider
    try Bajamike...He has been there a few times. Nodigg is going this year and started a thread that went into great detail. Find it and it will have lots of info for you.
    Here it is: http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...threadid=37899

77charger
    I have been going every year since 87 all the times the first week in ug excepy one time.The water is getting lower every year and this year will prob be lower than last year(aint a good thing)There were some scary shallow spots in the main channel.
    We usually camp at lone rock and last year we couldnt go across the castle rock area(wawheap) so we had to go around antelope island which made for a longer RoUgH rIdE.
    Gas prices on the water can get pricey and the only avail is 87 octane(if you need more you might be in some trouble)for me it was fine

77charger
    heres a link with good info.You would want water level at 3620 minimum IMO
    http://www.wayneswords.com/index.html

DEEZ NUTTS
    Dont be afraid of the water level, lots left. I will go for the first time this year early May and give a full report.
    Powellscooter, how is she looking? You been out yet?

Boozer
    Just curious but how rough does the water get out there? Is it tame enough for a 19' boat? I figure its worth the drive if the boat will be able to handle the water.

DEEZ NUTTS
    Boozer, it gets damn rough. Your 19' will get slapped around like a ho cheatin her pimp. However, we started out with 18' and an open bow loaded down like the Clampets with 6 people and thier stuff. Just part of the experience. Had some touchy runs up lake but never kept us from going back. Never pass up the opportunity to go to Lake Powell!!

burtandnancy
    Powell is down 117 feet as of today, by May it'll be down around 120'. Good luck...

77charger
    Originally posted by Boozer
    Just curious but how rough does the water get out there? Is it tame enough for a 19' boat? I figure its worth the drive if the boat will be able to handle the water. Going thru the main channel around antelope island it will get rocked after that it aint that bad.Last summer i was in my 21 trying to outrun an incoming storm water got a little wind chopped i opened up smoothed out the ride(always tried to tell my wife in certain chop it goes smoother) made it back ok about 1 mile from our camp it started raining as we pulled to shore it started comin down hard. then the wind really kicked up glad we made it back instead of having to take shelter in cove

phebus
    Summer Love who post's here on the board has a nice Powell link. Here it is: http://www.oursummerlove.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast