Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cat facts please??

BADBLOWN572
    Originally posted by NorCalCat
    Maybe Not! Oh yeah, you mean the Force with the Carrera Bottom? J/K. They make a good boat
    I didn't think the Carrera was a 26 nor a 29? Correct me if I am wrong...
    Carrera builds the 257 Effect which is the same bottom as the Force/Rayson Craft 26' cat.
    Carrera builds the 290 Effect which is the same bottom as the Force 29' cat. (SAME MOLD)
    There is a long story here, but I don't want to get in to it. Both of the Force boats are based on the Carrera 257 Effect. They have taken a proven design and built it. They are building a decent boat. At one point in time, they had some of the best riggers in the business, but they have since gone away.
    <~~~Not Bashing Force, just telling how it is.

dorC
    Of your list, the 26' Elim will be the second slowest. Maybe the slowest. I have also seen some shotty workmanship from elim. Eliminator does have awsome in gel graphics though. The AO is a splash of the Talon hull, so if you don't mind owning a copy of a boat, then it's a great hull and it's fast. The Talon hull is now being built by Hustler. AO has had some severe problems with the front office as of last year. You should confirm the stability and build quality of the company before giving them a deposit. The DCB is original tooling and they have awsome build quality. I don't have much experience with them, so I can't comment on their speeds.
    Depending on the ability to rig the boat right you will run between 90 and 105 with your power. The B-max will slow you up some. The tendency for cat's to porpoise is not so much the hull as the rigging. I have never had a porpoise with my boat, yet people with a simular boat complain of a porpoise.

mbrown2
    DCB Mach or F26...no porpoise ...have not ridden in the others and I might be bias....I would go with a Max Machine Worx drive instead of any of the others you mentioned....go to their website and just compare their parts to the others.....With the same hp, they are all going to be in the same neighborhood...Some will be a little longer, some may ride flatter, some may have deeper sponsons for rougher water, etc...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12