Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Popups blow fat donkey dick

fourspeednup
    I had to get rid of my previous antivirus programs to download a new version of viruscan and start clean after my computer caught some kind of STD
    I'm good to go as far as virus protection now, but I'm getting popups constantly even when my browser(internet explorer) isn't open--WTF
    I did a quick search here since I know this topic has been discussed a few times......it got me to panicware (http://www.panicware.com/product_downloads.html)
    but which one should I download?
    --four((feeling urge to kill))speed

BoatFloating
    I have the same F ing problem on my cable hook up. I know your connected to internet all the time with cable modem. I use Spyware and Adware both and I'm still getting them damn pop ups and they suck. You'll be typing on a thread and you have to close the pop up and continue typing it does suck.

SXULDV8
    I don't get popups.

fourspeednup
    Do you have any pop up blocking stuff on your computer?

Scream
    popup stopper is a good choice. It's free to start with and does block any new window from opening...
    If you have the means, and have a broadband connection to the internet (cable, DSL, etc) then invest in a router. It is basically a box that hides your computer from the internet and places itself in harms way from the constant deluge of popups, trojans and other locust of the information superhighway. For $50 or less on sale you could give yourself some decent protection, then all you'll have to worry about is spyware that you "invite" into your computer, but that's another story all together.
    Scream <------been there, done that

HCS
    I have all the popup blocking stuff and no popups anymore.
    The one that worked the best was from my ISP. SBC yahoo.

HavasuDreamin'
    I have a router on my cable hook up at home. Very little to no pop ups plus it protects you from virus type stuff. If you have a cable hook up, you really should get a router.

fourspeednup
    Thanks, I'll download the popup stopper and get back to you on its effectiveness
    Spyware: how do you know if you've got it? It kinda burns when I pee, is that bad?

fourspeednup
    I'll check out router's but I'm worried that I might have "invited" spyware in without knowing it?:frown:

al cole'holic
    I was gonna ask the same thing...I got these popups that are coming up lateley here even without a browser open! It looks like a Window's window (if that makes sense)..with shit like "want free sex" or "prescriptions cheap"...it's getting to be re-goddamn-diculous

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast