Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lift kit or body lift??

Ultracrazy
    I know this is the wrong venvue.........but I like it here :-)
    My wife has a 2004 Chevy Suburban she wants lifted......but.....she does not want it to ride any different (she hates my F250 4X4). What is the difference between the body lift and a full lift kit? She wants to go about 3 inchs high (she a short little thing).
    Thanks

MagicMtnDan
    Suspension lift lifts the truck via raising up the suspension. A body lift raises only the body via spacers installed between the frame and the body. A suspension lift is typically 6" tall while the body lift is usually about 3".
    I don't recommend a body lift at all - the suspension lift is more expensive and a better solution but many go with body lifts to save money. There are issues with the body lift - it will raise the body up above other suspension-mounted components which can be an esthetic problem. For example, the tow hitch typically will be 3" below the body.

AdrenelineOD
    I hate the body lift. Your driving the same clearance but now your top heavy. Large tires will make a bouncy ride no matter what you do. Stock tire on any lift looks redicules. I have 40" tires on a 6" lift I`ll cut the fenders for off road.

Ultracrazy
    Will the suspension lift change the ride? It's a 2X4 and she doesn't want to change the ride. I heard Rancho makes a good 4 inch lift.

LUVNLIFE
    We put a six inch RCD on our Chevy. The ride did not change at all, real impressive, it rides like stock.

Ultracrazy
    Luvin
    What's a RCD??

Dr. Eagle
    Body lifts suck........(IMO).........

Ultracrazy
    Okee.......no body lift.........now........lets talk about the best lift kits. Can't be to tall for the little women......3 inch? 4inch? Types??

Dr. Eagle
    I haven't lifted my suburban because of the Autoride, but I did lift my jeep with a 3" Rancho Kit with the RS 9000 adjustable gas shocks. I have been pretty happy with it...

K9Blitz
    Check out www.custommotorsports.com They did a 6" Fab Tech lift on my Tahoe and did an excellent job. Fair prices too.
    They could probably hook you up with a smokin deal on a lift kit for Geo Metro she makes you drive. Their website should have more info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast