Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleekcraft aristocrat ????

Old Guy
    Mine is the tunnel version and it was in bad shape when I got it. It turned out to be a nice boat and I really like it.
    http://files.triton.net/old1/sleek.jpg

MANIC MECHANIC
    Oldguy and unchained, Those are a couple of really nice lookin' boats. What pump is in your boat Oldguy?
    It sounds like you both are (or were) pretty happy with the boat overall.
    It appears that the eng. sits higher in the tunnel version.....?
    Or is that an optical illusion?
    What kind of performance difference is there between the tunnel and shallow vee version?
    Any further info would be appreciated.
    Tim

Old Guy
    My Sleek is a '76 and it came with a Jacuzzi YJ pump and a 455 Olds motor. I did did a conversion on the pump. The intake is still Jacuzzi YJ, but the rest is Aggressor. It also has an Olds (462) but not the original. This one makes about 500 hp. I don't think the motor is higher in the tunnel. The center pod (where the motor is) hangs down about as far as the center of the vee hull. The Edelbrock intake and the 14" K&N air cleaner makes it taller than the original intake and the tiny flame arrestor.
    http://files.triton.net/old1/rear1.jpg
    As far as the difference in performance between the tunnel and the vee, in theory the tunnel has the ability to capture air and get some lift that will make less wetted surface and result in greater speed. Note that I said "in theory". I have come to the conclusion that there are many things that go into a "good setup" on a jet boat.
    This will be the first season that I will have the time and facility to work on the setup on my Sleek. At present, I'm making a new shoe for it. I didn't know much when I made my first shoe and rather than rework it, I'm replacing it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12