Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm missin Apache Lake

AZKC
    Getting close to getting the boat all put back together and get back on the water. I need an Apache fix and a bust loose party with the Hill People Doghouse you game and of course anyone else that wants to chill in the hills
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/25apache.jpg

DogHouse
    Originally posted by AZKC
    Doghouse you game
    Yip, ya know I is reel tight wit dem hill peeple!
    I'll be a few more weeks until my stuff is back together again. Isky is sending me another set of lifters, springs, and refinished cam after my last "incident" back in March.
    Was just out there last Saturday for a wedding. Good friend got married in the big cove between Burnt Corral and Waterdog. Had the beach all decked out with awnings, tables, decorations, and a ton of food and booze. Guests were shuttled in on boats, even had a little custom built floating dock. It was quite the event and a really cool way to do a wedding.
    I'm sure we'll do plenty more Apache trips this summer. We'll hook up with ya soon.

AdrenelineOD
    I`ve never been there. want to go that is why I have a boat. where is it ?

AZKC
    Originally posted by DogHouse
    Yip, ya know I is reel tight wit dem hill peeple!
    I'll be a few more weeks until my stuff is back together again. Isky is sending me another set of lifters, springs, and refinished cam after my last "incident" back in March.
    Was just out there last Saturday for a wedding. Good friend got married in the big cove between Burnt Corral and Waterdog. Had the beach all decked out with awnings, tables, decorations, and a ton of food and booze. Guests were shuttled in on boats, even had a little custom built floating dock. It was quite the event and a really cool way to do a wedding.
    I'm sure we'll do plenty more Apache trips this summer. We'll hook up with ya soon.

Thats one of the nicer coves, we hang there on the weekdays and do beach starts kneeboards and skis. Roosevelts fillin up also should be interesting. I'll let ya know when I head up there

AZKC
    Originally posted by AdrenelineOD
    I`ve never been there. want to go that is why I have a boat. where is it ?
    Bit of a drive but well worth it for ya. East of Phoenix about 1-1 1/2 hours.
    Here's a link to their website. Lake camping is a cool way to go or rent a room for a few nights and enjoy the A/C.
    Apache Lake, AZ (http://www.apachelake.com/)
    Its an adventure every trip

AZKC
    Doghouse I believe that cove is known by Pine Creek or Sandy Cove in my group. Once when the water was up we took my jet up the creek quite a ways. About 18'' of water when we tried to turn around. Like I said allways a story to tell

XTRM22
    Some of my best lake trips were spent with beach spots at Burnt Corral! Sorry to admit, as the boats got bigger and more expensive, that dirt road was to much to take. Plus with the droughts you have to get there on like Tuesday morning to get a good spot at Burnt Corral. I'll never forget the sundown drag races though, my little 56mph Galaxie I/O put down a lot of "80mph " jets (no offense AZKC) . The Boat now lives in Havasu and I go visit it as often as I can.
    Chuck

AZKC
    Chuck, the lakes are fillin up nice this year maybe a Roosevelt trip for ya in the late Summer. Remember your roots

full throttle
    I'm game for a roosevelt trip/party. I hear the waters go'in up, and I have not been there in a few years. As for Apache, love the lake (as long as it's not green) but you can keep the road. Too many years of beat'in my truck & boat to death. I'll take Parker anytime over that place.

HotRod Sprint
    KC, Squirtcha? and a few others have been talking about an Apache trip for a couple of months now. Sometime in July. Am planning on attending myself, just don't know if the finances will allow it.
    Rod

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast