Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Somerville Apr. 17?

TexasJet
    The weather forcast is good so far. Anybody going Saturday. I'll be there around noon at Overlook ramp.

Greaser
    Count me in, Some of my family are gonna be camping at Rocky, so Ill be in that area giving joy rides Im sure. I'll keep an eye out for ya!

vdrivenman
    we'd come but have a family reunion in coonass country this weekend and saving coins for HOD next weekend.
    also have to get a receiver hitch welded under the t/t so can pull it and the boat all at same time !
    have a gewd time !

Greaser
    I dont mean to rain on your parade v-drive, but I read in the local paper, that DoH might not happen. They said that the T.A.B.C. didnt want to give a permit for the selling of alcohol, that alone wouldnt stop the event, but the Corp of engineers didnt want to give a permit either. Without a permit from the corp, its so long to Dawgs on Hawgs:frown: They said the main concern was security issues.

vdrivenman
    it really isn't that big of a deal with me.if you've been to one you've been to them all. lottas T & A they just need to clarify there standings on the matter, cause there are a lot of folks that have made reservations and plans to be there.
    what permits does the corp have to issuse? for use of the land or alcohol consumption ?
    hell i'm really looking forward to the boating more than anything.
    did ur bud ever find a hull ?

Turbojack
    Since the Corp owns the property they have the right to say what happens there.
    I did not hear about this & have calls in to some I know that know all.

vdrivenman
    hey TJ,
    if & when u hear something either way, please post. need to let some peeps know !

Greaser
    I talked to some people about it this afternoon, and they told me it was a go. You could probably call the corps office in Somerville, and ask.
    As far as my buddy, he is waiting to get some pics emailed to me from that guy you told me about with the tx-19. He called the guy, and he seems VERY interested. Just waiting for the pics befor we make the drive to go look at it.

TexasJet
    Well I finally got the boat wet. Man, the wind was blowin' 30+. I never got to open her up but she runs about 10 MPH faster at 4000 RPM. I'll be up next weekend camping at Yegua #15, in the cove on the lake side. Anybody gonna be up next weekend. 460, where are you?

Greaser
    I made it out to Birch. Water was way to rough. I made one pass around the park, and decieded to put her up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast