Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here today, gone to Maui

Riverkid
    We've been there five times, always staying in the Kaanapali area. We like to rent a condo at the Whaler's Village. The Hula Grill is right next door and you can walk to all the oceanfront hotels along the beach. The whole area is fun and easy to get around.
    Good luck, you'll love it!

AZKC
    Go low key, the bling factor on Maui shades the Island :argue:

MOBrien
    My wife and I used to live there during our summer breaks in college. Lahaina is where the nightlife is....at least was when we were there in '93/'94/'95. Unfortunately, most resort-style properties are not in Lahaina. Closest resort strip to Lahaina is Kaanapali. If you're just looking to get away from everything, then head toward Napili, Kapalua or the other side to Kihei. If you're looking to tear it up every night then find a place in Lahaina and get after it. Longhi's is the best restaurant in Lahaina IMO. If Roy's is still open up toward the Napili area, that's a great place to grub and hang out too.....sometimes they get some good entertainment. But again, not sure if it's still open or not.
    One suggestion is that if you're near Kaanapali beach and get some time there, hike around the point at "Black Rock" and jump off the backside cliffs. It's about 40' high with 30' deep of crystal clear water & sandy bottom. That area is also turtle breeding waters and it's a great place to swim with huge sea turtles. We went there almost every day and at times counted upwards of 15-20 turtles in the area and you can swim right beside them. Don't touch 'em though....not only is it a huge fine if you're caught but they can also bite your effing hand off! But they swim so peacefully and are so cool to watch under the surface. You can find them either on the surface or setting on the bottom. So much fun and there were few people in that area.
    If you're in the Wailea area, Wailea Beach has the most insane bodysurfing. If the surf is up, you need to be brave..........
    Have fun out there!

SDLifesaver
    Rick, Kris and I stayed in Kaanapali at the Marriot. It was really nice with a great pool/bar and the beach is right there. If you go to Wailea, let me know because one of my BEST friends is the GM of the restaurant at the Kea Lani Hotel. AWESOME is all I have to say about that whole side of the island. The restaurant he works at is called Nick's Fish Market and he is a phone call away for VIP service. Fireman bro deal. Lahaina was the only place we found with night life, or even life after dark. Really good time. I am jealous talking about it. Nick

imbndvs
    Hello PHEBUS,
    Check your PM's and give me a call if you are interested.

SummitKarl
    ok I am really going to date myself here
    Maui is/was awsome, I lived there for 3 months June-Aug uh...errr in 1976
    but that was when there was nothing I mean nothing between Lahina and Kaanapali,and Kaanapali consisted of 2 condo complexes and you could still dive for coral, Lahina Inn is a great place to have fun and get a good history of Maui, the inter Island hydroplanes are a kick and a cool way to see Flying Fish, glass boat tours are there, but I know that has change drastically
    ZIGGY is the best I know to PM, That SOB gets to go there EVERY YEAR!!!
    FREE :hammerhea

AZKC
    ok I am really going to date myself here
    Maui is/was awsome, I lived there for 3 months June-Aug uh...errr in 1976
    but that was when there was nothing I mean nothing between Lahina and Kaanapali,and Kaanapali consisted of 2 condo complexes and you could still dive for coral, Lahina Inn is a great place to have fun and get a good history of Maui, the inter Island hydroplanes are a kick and a cool way to see Flying Fish, glass boat tours are there, but I know that has change drastically
    ZIGGY is the best I know to PM, That SOB gets to go there EVERY YEAR!!!
    FREE :hammerhea
    I was there also in 1976, my high school graduation Summer. We landed in the pineapple fields at Kaanapali which is now a golf course after dropping mail on Molikai. Been back a few times since but I'm feelin a trip for our 30th wedding anniversary in 2 years.

SMFRiverRat
    Kaanapali Beach Hotel
    Tiki Bar in the courtyard.
    the cheapest drinks on the island. $2.75 Capt. Morgan and coke. Trust me I know
    (not that anybody on these boards would be interested in that.)

voodoomedman
    I just got back from Maui on Friday and it was great. We stayed at the Sheriton it was very nice. Great beach good snorkeling and great food at the hotel.
    That's it I gotta quit selling boxes and start selling boats!!!!!
    Hope you had fun John. I love the Polynesian culture. If they started putting Sandals or the like kinda all inclusive resorts at the cheap prices on Hawaii I don't think I'd ever go anywhere else. Well besides Havasu of course.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12