Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: eliminator tunnel hull

bordsmnj
    pass the popcorn. ....and wheres my coffee???

steelcomp
    he is inquiring about a tunnel hull, as it says in the first post. why is rio talking about a 207 skier "its not a tunnel".............. did i miss something?
    Some call what the 207 is, a tunnel. As Luvnlife said, (and so did rio), it's not really a tunnel, it's a mod-vp. I call my Bahner a tunnel, but it's really not, it's a mod vp, as well. So in his first post, tahiti77 really isn't inquiring about a "tunnel", as in Daytona, Stealth, Edge, etc. Those are entrapment hulls, and true tunnels. Common mistake.
    The 207 "Edge" was Eliminator's name for this model, and has nothing to do with the Edge tunnel hull. It's a little confusing.
    i thought the edge/phantom where the tom papp version of the daytona and NOT a modvp at all.You thought right about them not being a mod vp. I'm not sure about the "Tom Papp version of the Daytona" though. :idea:

SmokinLowriderSS
    Ive got popcorn for everyone
    Ding
    Ding
    Ding
    Fight!!!!!!!!!
    I've got the beer keg 396, already tapped!! Send that corn this direction my man!! :argue: :argue: :argue:

steelcomp
    Hey Steel, did you get your project done? Iffin you get bored or have nothin to do, LOL, I have a set of aluminum heads that need a lil work. lol
    Rio
    LOL...not quite...I come in from the garage every once in a while and check to see what kind of trouble i can stir up...you guys oughta know better than to listen to me!
    AFA the heads, maybe later this year...no more projects for now. I'm definately over this one and wish it would just be DONE!!! :cry:
    Hey, what's on tap??

bordsmnj
    21 daytona(edge,whatever) wasn't really ment for an out drive. for that they made the 22. at least thats what i've heard here before. maybe search that here somewhere. 800 horse would probably kill yuh in that thing in front of an out drive. easily 120mph with the right x demension(sp?)

stoker2001
    I will try to help,Elim Daytona is a mod-Vp bottom,which has a center pod.A true tunnel is not to jet pump friendly as you would just suck air :hammer2: if you were able to get it on plane?the most popular true tunnel big boat is a Douglas Skater,hope this helps

LUVNLIFE
    You are right. What I mean is that the Edge is a modified V hull, not a mod vp. You need the center pod for a jet as a true tunnel will not work. The eliminator Edge is not either a true tunnel or a tunnel with a center pod, but a modifiedvv hull, similiar to say a Stoker.

pce680
    I will try to help,Elim Daytona is a mod-Vp bottom,which has a center pod.A true tunnel is not to jet pump friendly as you would just suck air :hammer2: if you were able to get it on plane?the most popular true tunnel big boat is a Douglas Skater,hope this helps
    :argue:
    The Eliminator Daytona is NOT a mod vp.The Daytona was designed by Ron
    Ede as a true jet tunnel boat for Bob Leach at Eliminator Boats in 1976.
    All the others are exact copys or improved tunnels like the Cheyenne or
    Edge race boats by Tommy Papp which originated also from a Daytona.

stoker2001
    :argue:
    The Eliminator Daytona is NOT a mod vp.The Daytona was designed by Ron
    Ede as a true jet tunnel boat for Bob Leach at Eliminator Boats in 1976.
    All the others are exact copys or improved tunnels like the Cheyenne or
    Edge race boats by Tommy Papp which originated also from a Daytona. pce, you make some good points,but the Daytona is considered a mod vp tunnel and not a true tunnel as you have to have a center pod for jetdrive to pick up water.A mod vp has a center pod with two outside sponsons with two air intrapment tunnels fore and aft.A true tunnel has no center pod,just two outside sponsons and one huge air tunnel fore and aft.Luvenlife,for the record all Stoker sport tunnels are mod vp design just like the Daytonas,the only diff is the Stoker is a needle nose and daytona is picklefork nose.Call Leach and get a second opinoun

Fast Freddy
    a skater is a catamaran
    a 19 ft daytona is a tunnel
    a mod vp is cobras tri-hulled viper sxt & california performance's gull wing
    a mod vp or tri-hull has to have a V in the center which the daytona does not have therefore a daytona is a tunnel. it has nothing to do with whether the boat has a jet or a prop.
    a skater is a cat because no part of the center of the boats hull touches the water
    its all about the boats hull design not the drives

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast