Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Natural Gas Bill $$$$$

Wet Dream
    Last year I believe it was $.99

TCHB
    At this point you are paying for most gas that was contracted 24 months ago at a set price. Take a look at this chart and look what percentage increase!!! People using gas are in trouble!!
    http://futures.tradingcharts.com/chart/NG/M

shirkey4750
    I work for a major east coast natural gas transporter, pipelines are full and were putting it in storage( in the ground) due to the warm weather. If not for this, there would have been a shortage due to the hurricanes. If the next couple of months turn bad, there still could be.

UBFJ #454
    Back on the Farm in northern Missouri, we've changed over to corn stoves in the Family houses & Shops ... on a Cold Day, use maybe 1 1/2 to 2 bushels a day per stove ... since we grow corn and have it in bins ... it's pretty cheep. Good corn stove costs between $600 & $750 ... pays for its self in petro fuel savings in a short time.

Riverjet502
    Hey BEAR 454PE;
    I have looked at those too alittle bit. "Just north of you in the corn patch state" They seem to put some good heat out. How often do you have to clean out the clinker? Are they fairly easy to lite? Is there a certain moisture content you need to be below to burn the corn? Wrestling with the idea of one for the garage to cut back on the gas usage. The corn would be easier to store then wood. These have a direct vent correct? Does the "vent or chimmey get as hot say as a wood stove's chimmey"? Can you touch it without melting your skin? How far away can the corn burner be installed from a wall? Sorry about all the questions just curious..Thanks....
    Riverjet502

DelawareDave
    Back on the Farm in northern Missouri, we've changed over to corn stoves in the Family houses & Shops
    That seems like an awful lotta popcorn to me

Wet Dream
    Corn stoves are gaining popularity up here.
    And kero is now $2.89

HammerDown
    My brother is a big fan of his wood stove ...more than anything I think he just likes tinkering with them because I know he's been paying alot $$$ for wood!
    Funny...the price of heating oil goes up as with natural gas...so the people that sell firewood want in on the profit also.
    Either way, they got ya by the short hairs!

Wet Dream
    Either way, they got ya by the short hairs!
    I shave

HammerDown
    I shave
    Me too...makes my junk look BIGGER :sqeyes:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast