Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spraying The Block

payloan
    Anybody know where to take the block and have it "candied"? I"m here in Orange County and while I am at it a place that does "chroming" and polishing. Alsooo.... whats approximate $$$ to run all braded lines and couplers on a 454?

payloan
    what nobody knows. I better go to RRL where I guess the real boaters are:yuk:

MudPumper
    Don't know about the paint in OC but to run all braided lines it costs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ about this much

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by MudPumper
    Don't know about the paint in OC but to run all braided lines it costs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ about this much
    You missed a zero.....

Tom Brown
    About any automotive painter should be able to paint your block. It's not that tough to do. If you want to take a stab at it yourself, I recommend you take a look through some of JBB's projects in JBB's World over on RLL (you know, where the real boaters are. )
    By the way, I've heard it's expensive to replace all of your lines with braided hose.

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by Tom Brown
    By the way, I've heard it's expensive to replace all of your lines with braided hose.
    You missed a zero, Tom.......

SERIOUS ISSUES
    If you do it yourself (the paint) it will cost about $250-300 in materials. If you take it someplace look at 50-100 hr labor. assuming they have to prep and paint it that would be 4 hours = 200-400 more. You could have 500-700 in block paint.
    fittings and braided lines. average price of fittings $8.50 and $5.00 ft for hoses. You know your motor, just count how many places you need a fitting. keep in mind you have to by the hose end and the adapter. also if you have large water lines it will be more. My boat has aprox 10 adapters and fittings and uses about 20ft of hose. I spent $320.00.

Tom Brown
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    I thought was more in the neighborhood of 1500 - 2000 + dollars.. ??
    I heard 15000 - 20000.

orange county chrome and plating.

i think its in orange or anaheim.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast