Thread: X dimension

RCM
    I`ve heard the x demension mentioned several times, what actually is the x dimension on a tunnel hull? RCM

welk2party
    Is is the placement of the outdrive on the transom in relation to the center line of the propshaft.

mike37
    thats were all the UFO's come from

Chadzilla4ever
    The x dimension is actually the placement of the transom assembly on the transom. It is measured from the crankshaft centerline to the bottom of the boat

fourspeednup
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    My understanding is the "X-Dimension" is the center of the thrust line (prop shaft) in relation to the bottom of the boat. I don't believe it is dimensioned off the crank of the motor/gimble becuase you can get a "shorty" drive which in fact will raise your X-Dimension a few inches, without affecting the motor position.
    RD
    I too, believe this is the case

Three Days Only

Chadzilla4ever
    When a boat is originally set up the rigger has to determine where the engine and drive are going to be mounted on the transom. The rigger must take several measurements on the transom to determine how high he wants the engine and drive to be mounted. this measurement is called the x dimension. The beaty of modern tech (shorties) is that one can in theory raise the "x" without having to move the entire engine and drive package. Putting on a shorty does not truly raise the "x" only the propshaft.I know this from having rigged boats from bare hull.