Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Berkley Rebuild

AmericanThunder1
    I pulled my pump out which is a Berkley 12jc and It was bad berrings sheared in half, impeller was toast things like that. So I need to rebuild it something I am going to do but have never done. I looked on this site and found a rex marine rebuild for 400 bucks does this give me everything I will need? and is this a good kit for a reasonable price? Also I am gps at 59.8mph with five people in the boat I believe the impeller is a Bcut should I stay with this or could I get better results with something else? Thanks for any input.

pops1
    Originally posted by AmericanThunder1
    I pulled my pump out which is a Berkley 12jc and It was bad berrings sheared in half, impeller was toast things like that. So I need to rebuild it something I am going to do but have never done. I looked on this site and found a rex marine rebuild for 400 bucks does this give me everything I will need? and is this a good kit for a reasonable price? Also I am gps at 59.8mph with five people in the boat I believe the impeller is a Bcut should I stay with this or could I get better results with something else? Thanks for any input.
    First of all I must tell you I am part of Aggressor jet drive. #1 for you is a rebuild kit should run $240-300
    Impeller $315 to 360 Alum to 400 HP go to another impeller alloy after that.
    #1 Rebuild Kit- Only if it is a Lipped Wear Ring- Get only Graphite Packing, Thrust Bearing 11Balls two rows(pre- Clearenced Ground) Watch your Seals on Imports.
    #2 Impeller selection- If a "B" is turning the desired RPMs stay there. If you have other desires for say lower cruise speeds, greater power on launch say for multiple ski pulls "or". Then think about a larger impeller.
    No 2 Impellers mfg are not the same in flow rate, volumn capacity or output thrust. You need to find this out by finding a good local dealer that will assist you in your selection. Find out the Manufacture of each product and you will do OK-Install, Enjoy
    You don't need a blue printing unless you are going hard core racing.
    You can contact most all Pump Mfg's. to get a local dealer and recommendation from each. Good Luck!

Heatseeker
    Send a PM to Duane HTP. He runs a shop out of Goddard, Kansas. He'll set you up.

The $399 kit includes everything you will need except tools. We use only top quality American Turbine or Legend impellers depending on application and wear ring style. The $399 kits includes the impeller and wear ring. If interested please call Bob or Tom for more detailed info on the correct setup for your particular ap as far as impeller and wear ring choice. 909-392-7300

TexasJet
    I assume "WhiteCloud Ks." means you are in Kansas. If you are you may want to take your boat to Goddard, thats where Duane has Hi-Tech Performance. He specializes in jets. He just rebuilt mine and I picked up 11 MPH at 4000 RPM. Don't know the top speed yet, been to windy.

Kachina72
    The $399 kit includes everything you will need except tools.
    Are there any special tools required?
    I'm going to be doing my first pump rebuild soon also and will be ordering the rebuild kit from Rex (thanks for the mini-catalog btw).

miller19j
    Originally posted by Rexone
    The $399 kit includes everything you will need except tools. We use only top quality American Turbine or Legend impellers depending on application and wear ring style. The $399 kits includes the impeller and wear ring. If interested please call Bob or Tom for more detailed info on the correct setup for your particular ap as far as impeller and wear ring choice. 909-392-7300
    If you decide to do it yourself (not that hard I did mine). Buy your parts from Rex Marine! They will give you all the help and advice you need. They are a top notch crew!

Danhercules
    Ya need a special socket to get the impeller nut off. Some guys make there own by cutting a deep socket and making it deeper and other stuff. Rex sells them too. Geee, what dose Rex not sell???

AmericanThunder1
    Thank you fellow jetters for the info I will definately give all these guys a call. To reply on the first reply about the impeller I am only getting 4300 rpm max at 60 mph and I have one hell of a holeshot as it is. I am thinking different impeller? I know there is a lot of detail facters im sure on this subject so heres what I know. The guy I had rebuild the moter did not save the specs and part #s for me but I do know most of it so here it goes if this helps....
    BBF 460 bored .30 over forged alum compression 10:1 steel crank new stock oval port heads, shot pinged the rods, Double roller timing chain, crane cam hydraulic no rollers 565x108, stock intake going to change asap, crappy vacuum secondary 750 holly with a basset scoop and factory filter that shitty brass one, and finally water injected over transom headers and a hydraulic place diverter.
    Hope this helps and thanks again. very interested in getting to the 70mph range oh ya the high strength valve springs too.

ChetCapoli
    I looked on this site and found a rex marine rebuild for 400 bucks does this give me everything I will need? and is this a good kit for a reasonable price?
    Boy the spammers come out in herds with post like this i see... From what i noticed there is only a VERY FEW that really carry a COMPLETE kit for less than $400. Everyone notices the price cuz it's cheap(like me) but alot of kits leave out little things you need like impeller nuts and keyways. Two things you need to do the job. Make sure you get a lipped wear ring so you can setup you clearance better and not the SS flat. I dont think rex sells it unless you ask as with CP performance and eddie marine. If your running in sandy area's dont run the ultimate wear ring as it doesnt like sand and it eats em up slowly, i learned the hard way. Ask around on it and you'll get the same opinion. Stick with the brass lipped and you'll be fine.
    CHET

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast