Thread: Trim Tabs

surfer2001
    Who makes the best & do they make that much difference?

welk2party
    That would depend on what type of boat you have and what you do with it.

dicudmore
    They work regardless of boat.
    Mine has Dana HP1000 tabs on it.
    In good water, forget about them, in some soup or uneven load in the boat they work real nice to dial in the ride. Also run them down taking off and therefore use a little less throttle to get up on plane and will hold a plane a few mph slower. Good investment

little rowe boat
    I have a set of bennets on our boat, they work great and have never had a prob with them.

PHX ATC
    Bennett dual rams on mine. When we drag little one in her tube, I plop them down so it'll help going slow when on plane. At Lake Powell, I've dropped them down a bit to smooth the ride (and ease the parental unit's fear ), other than that, they just sit there.
    I've seen the Dana's, I don't know which model number, but they are waaaaaaaaay cool looking. I don't know the price difference, but for a few bills, I'd get those over the Bennies, just for looks alone. They can match the color pretty close to your flames and colors on your boat.

surfer2001
    Yea, looks like I'm going to get the Dana's HP1000. Installed is going to run about $2100.00

THOR
    Originally posted by PHX ATC
    Bennett dual rams on mine. When we drag little one in her tube, I plop them down so it'll help going slow when on plane. At Lake Powell, I've dropped them down a bit to smooth the ride (and ease the parental unit's fear ), other than that, they just sit there.
    I've seen the Dana's, I don't know which model number, but they are waaaaaaaaay cool looking. I don't know the price difference, but for a few bills, I'd get those over the Bennies, just for looks alone. They can match the color pretty close to your flames and colors on your boat.
    That is what I went with on mine.

PHX ATC
    Good choice fellas.
    I didn't even know they had Dana's when I had mine installed when I purchased the boat. Oh well, next time!

DryHeatOnly
    Originally posted by surfer2001
    Yea, looks like I'm going to get the Dana's HP1000. Installed is going to run about $2100.00
    surfer2001 - I have the HP900's on my 25' Shockwave Tremor. I'm wondering if the 1000's would be longer than necessary for your 25 footer? I'd be interested in hearing from people who have the (5-inch longer) 1000's on a 25 footer.
    Are you getting the indicator too? It's pricey, but I like knowing exactly where the tabs are. The thing you'll love about the Dana's is how fast they work.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...00/1519Tab.jpg