Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: does nascar use nitrous oxcide in races??

Doug H.
    does nascar use nitrous oxide to win races??

HBjet
    NO!

76biesmeyer
    Jeff would try if he new he could get away with it!! No they do not

eliminator777
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!Because they havn't figured out where to hide it.

oh yea !the know where to hide it! they haven't found it have they? wink I know HB is going to say some shit about this so ....well maybe not! I'll keep it to myself...so no fuss!

HOSS
    All that cage is hollow right!

playdeep
    Anybody remember Hoss Ellington...Used to own the #1 Hawaiian Tropic car..
    He got caught using nitrous after his car won the pole for an upcoming Winston cup race..
    If memory serves me,they had the bottle inside of the fire extinguisher..lines were run underneath the intake manifold..
    Funny part of the whole deal was that...
    The only reason that they got caught was the driver left the switch for the nitrous on after he qualified.
    A NASCAR inspector happened to walk by and heard a funny noise eminating from under the hood.
    Some of the old cheating stories are amazing.
    [ May 11, 2003, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: playdeep ]

hoolign
    HOSS:
    All that cage is hollow right! it's actually filled with soup...vegatable I believe

Windy
    MarKist:
    oh yea !the know where to hide it! they haven't found it have they? wink I know HB is going to say some shit about this so ....well maybe not! I'll keep it to myself...so no fuss! Lets hear what you know.

Doug H.
    i started this post for some feed back after finding out something in my own back yard so to speak, here's the skinny; one of my friends who works in a performance shop said to me one day recently that a few nascar teams come in to fill nitrous bottles, i said "what the hell for" and "where do they plum the lines and hide bottle" now let's see what you make of this. the driver has a small bottle hidden in his suit and once he's in the race car and out of full view he will then take off the face of a gauge and plug the line in from the bottle of his suit, now your probably wondering how the nitrous gets to the motor? well the line is some how ran through the hood and the nozzel is a pop rivet at the rear of the hood where they pull cool air in from the winshield and amongst the mist of nitrous and air you have a little extra h.p. in the airstream, a shot or two will win the race as needed. fact..or..fiction? could this be true? i personally don't know and he WOULD not tell me what teams had visited the shop............. "THE COMMANDER HAS SPOKEN" DOUG.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast