Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What a Great Weekend in Havasu!

Froggystyle
    First off, I have a long list of folks to thank for making this weekend happen. Rocky for starters (Boat Floating). We didn't have a place to post up the motorhome on Thursday but Rocky totally came through for us. He made some phone calls and went actively looking for a spot so we didn't have to primitive camp the Moho all weekend. Come Thursday night though, we not only had a spot, but a spot on the infamous "D" row! Which brings up the second thank you to Coral Gibson, Sean's sister. She let us hang out in her spot all weekend for nothing more than a nice bottle of GG. That whole crew of folks is so great to hang with, and we had a total blast.
    First thing Friday morning we realized that after switching our intercooler and valve covers to some freshly powdercoated ones that we had forgotten the throttle linkage ball on the other throttle body. Damn! One phone call to Keith at Conquest and that was all sorted out. Thanks a million to Keith and Mike for the hookup. Sorry we never hooked up in the channel, but we certainly appreciate the part and you have reminded me that you are one of the truly great guys in ***boating.
    Saturday night we finally hooked up with Matt and Jen (PhatMatt and Goldi) and we smuggled them into CrazyHorse via the lagoon. Then we went Rhino'ing that night with Rocky. My golf cart felt strangely outclassed next to that rig! Rocky was a wonderful host and played some great jams out next to the crappy party out in the overflow parking. Fact is, his stereo in the Rhino sounds better and played better tunes than the maxed out PA at the party! Thanks again for everything Rock.
    The Channel was pure amature hour. I have never felt so out of place in my life. On any given weekend, we can cruise through the channel and see no less than 10 hot boaters... usually closer to 20. Our first pass through the channel got us one hit... GHT who we hung out with for quite some time. Don and his lovely wife were a total blast and really made the party happen. We also got to meet VegasBaby and a couple of other folks from down there. It is always so cool to meet someone for the first time that you know pretty well already from the boards.
    The water was just 100% blown out on Saturday with so much buffoonery it was barely believable. People zig zagging in front of you towing a tube and acting like you are the a-hole for driving straight. I personally watched a brand new Larson 28' party boat get devalued by probably half in a 30 minute period at SandPoint. A guy just pinballed his way into a slip, loaded 14 kids on board and pinballed his way out... hitting two boats and adding full-length Arizona pinstripes to his boat... some so bad it chunked off fiberglass. Unreal...
    Saturday at Steamboat we saw TrojanDan and Scuba Steve. Great to hang with you guys for a little while. We only stayed there for a few minutes, and then bagged ass back to the channel to pick up some family.
    Sunday in Steamboat was really cool. We hung out with Matt and Jen and slowly but surely we ran into a whole lot of folks off the boards. We saw Bobaloo, Scarabrick, OneParticularHarbor, CJ and a bunch of other folks I can't remember right this minute... Good to finally meet all of you and hang out for a minute or two. We did get to see Miguel and Yvonne in the channel on the way out for a second and Sya and Playa Plya were in the canyon with the big Commander.
    All in all, we had our share of challenges this weekend. A nagging oil leak is driving me frickin nuts, although we think we found it at last. The boat ran great, handled awesome in serious chop and kept everyone dry and safe for the whole weekend. We couldn't have had a better time hanging out with everyone and as usual we found that it seems like the best folks in boating are right here.

Todd969
    Saw you many times, but with the clusterf*ck in the channel I thought it better not to distract you. We'll look for ya on a slower weekend.
    Todd

Phat Matt
    Thanks for letting us crash Saturday night. It saved me from launching Sunday morning! I didn't make it back home from the Red Room Sunday night until 5:30am also. I was damn tired after 3 days of no sleep!
    Good times.

Havasu1986
    Saw you Fri around 1ish in the channel heading towards the bridge. I was by myself and yelled at you.

Froggystyle
    Saw you many times, but with the clusterf*ck in the channel I thought it better not to distract you. We'll look for ya on a slower weekend.
    Todd
    I totally saw your boat! Couldn't remember your board name though, and as you could see I had my hands full. Next time I see you I will start off with a beer in your hand!

TrojanDan
    Nice meeting you and the Mrs. in Steamboat on Saturday. Your boat turned out awesome. I wish you continued success. Hope to see you on the water again.

Keith E. Sayre
    Its all about Kharma! I can see Robert Duvall with his cowboy hat on with bombs and mortars falling all around him saying to Wes, do you want to surf or fight???? Then let's surf!
    Then I can see them sitting on the beach the next morning with a gentle breeze in the air and Duvall saying, I love the smell of Kharma in the morning, it smells like.....VICTORY!
    Wes, very nice and extremely gracious of you to always get on here and show
    gratitude to those that have helped you in some way. But has it occurred to
    you that nice things happen to nice people and I would submit to you that
    Kharma is going to be your friend for a while, perhaps due to the nice things
    that you currently do now for people or maybe for something that you may
    not even recall as a navy seal??? Or maybe you're simply lucky!
    Thanks for always being so positive.
    Keith Sayre

scarabrick2
    Nice to meet you wes!!
    Your boat looks so much better in person! Man what a great lay out you did on everything.
    FYI keep a close look out for those METAL PONTOON BOATS You don't want your flawless gel coat to be scratched :rollside: :rollside:

Froggystyle
    Its all about Kharma! I can see Robert Duvall with his cowboy hat on with bombs and mortars falling all around him saying to Wes, do you want to surf or fight???? Then let's surf!
    Then I can see them sitting on the beach the next morning with a gentle breeze in the air and Duvall saying, I love the smell of Kharma in the morning, it smells like.....VICTORY!
    Wes, very nice and extremely gracious of you to always get on here and show
    gratitude to those that have helped you in some way. But has it occurred to
    you that nice things happen to nice people and I would submit to you that
    Kharma is going to be your friend for a while, perhaps due to the nice things
    that you currently do now for people or maybe for something that you may
    not even recall as a navy seal??? Or maybe you're simply lucky!
    Thanks for always being so positive.
    Keith Sayre
    Thanks for the good words Keith. As usual, I still owe you one. That Rayson Craft you guys have in there looks sick too! Can't wait to see that on the water...
    This is going to be a great summer!

Froggystyle
    Nice to meet you wes!!
    Your boat looks so much better in person! Man what a great lay out you did on everything.
    FYI keep a close look out for those METAL PONTOON BOATS You don't want your flawless gel coat to be scratched :rollside: :rollside:
    I am so scared of rental pontoons it isn't even funny. I couldn't even bring myself to park at the mini-sandbar on Friday because of all of the pontoon boats swinging around!
    Great to meet you at last. Sounds like we have some freinds in common!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast