Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AN Fitting Help....

Infomaniac
    That is too cool !! Who is the camera person?
    I saw that once on Bangedup.com He did it to his finger though. Just as clean of a cut.
    Hope you do not come up 1" too short on your next hose job.

Fiat48
    Originally posted by Infomaniac
    That is too cool !! Who is the camera person?
    I saw that once on Bangedup.com He did it to his finger though. Just as clean of a cut.
    Hope you do not come up 1" too short on your next hose job.
    Pics were by my Significant Other. From all the years, I got bunches of " too short, I'll save it for next time" hose. And fittings.

jockorace
    Fiat,
    It's so cool to see someone else cuts hose like I've done for years. I laugh every time there is a how-to article in a magazine, and they say to wrap with tape, cut with a hacksaw. Ouch, I can feel the needle puncture to my finger now!
    I've always used a SHARP 2" wide carpenter's chisel and a short handled single jack hammer (small sledgehammer).One hit and a perfectly clean cut.
    I'll admit, not my idea. Had a friend (Gary Davis) turn me on to this method about 20 yrs ago.
    Jocko

GofastRacer
    I also used a hammer and chisel for many years works great, now I have a cutoff wheel that I use!..

Fiat48
    I really just did this to bring out the "Old School" people.

DansBlown73Nordic
    I will try it out and see the chisel deal works.... Well see if I can make it work. I have a small chunk of railroad track. That should work perfect.

CARLSON-JET
    I've had a short piece of billet for years just like the one fiat used,I always thought "some day that will be usefull" my dream came true.. too cool.

Badboat1
    The Kliens stated above are the best used by most Big time Racing Shops. Makes a clean cut and no crap from a cutoff wheel ETC........
    BB1

GofastRacer
    A cutoff wheel works good as long as it's a very thin one, the thick one's will make a total mess!..

wsuwrhr
    Originally posted by INEEDAV
    Jesus, Dave, I bought a pair of Kliens last year to cut 636mcm cable. If I saw someone bear down on a piece of stainless hose I'd slit their sack and stuff their leg through it. You must of got a good deal on them.
    From the looks of the thread you will have plenty of sacks to slit, and legs to stuff. haha
    After reading how easy it is, I am thinking of buying my own cable cutters.
    I personally use the tape/die grinder/cutoff wheel or tape/cutoff wheel/chop saw deal, depending on location.
    I know the chisel deal works well, but I'm not down with holding a heavy hammer close to my body. Especially not with the other hand holding whatever I am hitting with the hammer.
    This week I had to install a ground rod for the new electrical panel I added to my house. The GR is 8 feet long, 5/8 dia. There I was, standing on a ladder holding the rod and a hammer. Not the best job. After hitting my wrist and knee I got it in.
    Brian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast