The company I work for has added a permanent position and has an immediate need for a Class a (1) truck driver. We transload liquid chemicals from railcars and deliver loads of between 4 and 7 thousand gallons mostly to locations in the L.A. area, phoenix, and Vegas. Most of the runs are turn-and-return in one shift, although there are also some northwest and Bay area trips as well. The mileage and hourly rates are the same for a new hire as I make after 8 1/2 years and the work is distributed VERY fair and evenly. When we get slow, the number 4 guy might work slightly less than the #1 guy (me!) but I don't see that happening anytime soon!
Applicants should be prepared to work up to 70 hours a week and they are 60% nighttime hours and may be any day of the week (including Sat and Sun) The job will also include some days working in the yard and can include plumbing, maintenance, loading, weeding and even sometimes digging ditches by hand! This is work that's generally offered when business is slow, and at our hourly rate, it's unlikely that someone won't volunteer for this stuff. Know this though: If a ditch needs digging, my boss picks up a shovel as well and does more than his share of the work. He's the best guy I've worked for EVER in 32 years!
Requirements:
Class A-1 license with ALL endorsements excluding motorcycle, passenger, and doubles/triples. Employees are generally expected to live within 50 miles of Parker, Az.
Applicants WILL be asked to take a physical and drug test (it's the law!) and employees are subject to random testing and are required to take a DOT physical at company expense every two years. Tank Truck experience is definitely a plus, but a clean MVR and stable work history are more important and we will fully train for tanker duty. Oh yeah, almost forgot..... because of homeland security concerns, all applicants recieve an EXTENSIVE background check and must be legally able to work in the U.S. You'll need to provide (by law) 10 years of work history.
Our terminal is the western beachhead of a company that is one of the top 5 revenue-producing tank-truck carriers in the nation. We have excellent health benefits, 401k, profit sharing, and safety bonuses. I made 42k last year, so I can almost gaurantee that the hiree for this position cannot possibly do any less than 25K. Positions at this facility almost never become available because nobody ever leaves! The truck is an International conventional prosleeper built in this century with a Cummins and ten speed, a/c, P/S, and Jake.
If you have the qualifications, and would seriously consider applying for this job, please PM me for contact info (we're trying to limit tire-kicking phone calls) or apply in person at 720 20th st. in Parker (access is from the corner of Geronimo and 18th... look east for the tank trailers)
Tell my boss (Mr. Paul Wheatley) that AzDon from the messageboards referred you
....BTW- I get no recruiting bonus for this....we are just SO busy that I'm getting very little time for boating, but getting HUGE paychecks....I'm a generous guy that's more than willing to share the wealth!