Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wis. boat drags?

signmaster
    any boat drags near south central wisconsin coming up

dorC
    Every Thursday at Blarneys island on the chain of lakes in Illinois.

Rondo
    Don't go to Shawano! DNR just kicked 10 of us off the lake last Saturday as we tryed to launch our "Shake the Lake" event. They have a 86db sound limit and now they want to enforce it to the limit! 88db will pass but no higher. This is amazing since Shawano supposes a stock car track in the middle of town which runs on Saturdays until 11:00 at night! Their limit is 100dbs.
    We have about 12 boats that run the lake on weekend afternoons. Most of us with headers can barely beat 92-95dbs with a muffler insert. We are all looking for something better but now none of us are allowed on the lake until we pass 88db or less. THIS SUCKS!
    I just finished an 11 year restoration on my 1978 Sanger and I got a 10 minute ride before I was tested and kicked off the lake!!
    Any suggestions would be appreciated. Legal advice welcome too!!!!!!!!
    "Keep-on-Jettin'"

signmaster
    this truly does suck there doin it all over what about the frigen harleys that are all over the place there definatly louder than 92 db !!!!!!!!!, I also just finished a four year resto, they started a crackedown on winnebego butte des morts right when I was finished plugging my transom exhaust ports and of course my fiberglass job turned out awsome ,I moved my exhaust down below the water line and put those ugly flaps on them so far I think im ok yesterday the cop folowed me up the river and never said anything I definatly sound quieter than alot of the other boats around here and with the pipes below the water it has a pretty cool sound if I added mufflers i guarenty Id be legal I used rewarder thru transom pipes they look pretty sweet I really wanted ot pipes to complete the look but this turned out pretty cool its still kinda loud once your runnin wide open but I intend to solve that problem also. how are they testing ,at idle ar at speed

signmaster
    forgot to mention ,sweet lookin ride Id love a closer look.

Rondo
    I ordered a set of Super trapps to see if I can make them work. These are 4" and are for street cars put I can modify them a little to work. Using these and a slip in muffler should help. I am also thinking about installing a water line at the collector and feeding it all the time. That would help with the idle test the DNR dorks want you to do.
    I was told we could do an idle test. [they measure from 4 feet away!!] Or, we could do a drive by at WIDE OPEN. Get this....they want to ride with you to be sure you are in fact using full throttle!!! That's want they said...I just can't make up stuff like that!!! I'll give them a ride they won't forget!
    I did get to use the boat last week on Monday. I hauled over to Green Bay and put in at Northshore Park. It's right on Green Bay and this is a big body of water and is known for being on the rough side. So, I ran it with and without all the garbage in it but I really couldn't open it up because of the rough water.
    Some of the other guys made a trip down on the Wisconsin River yesterday and I haven't heard much about that yet except 75 boats showed up. Most of them were big I/O boats
    I was on Winnebago once a long time ago. It was rough there too. Shawano really is the perfect lake for little flat boats!
    If anybody has some ideas, let my know!!!

Rondo
    Hey Signmaster,
    I have owned this boat since it was brand new. I received the boat on July 10 1978. Yup.........exactly 26 years ago today!!!!
    I have had a lot of fun with it and on a few occasions I stuck it in some of the local car shows.
    Here is a picture for you from The World of Wheels in GreenBay. I think it was about 1989 and I was on my 3rd engine. [I hate it when they break] Right after that show a friend of mine and I hauled our boats to Lake Havasu for a week of fun on the Colorado river. What a blast! And by the way....my buddy moved out there and still lives there and I haven't been there since. I'm overdue for a trip out there again!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for for comments!

signmaster
    nice ride I think I saw it up there Ive been going on and off for about 9years or so. sounds like the same testing deal there doing down here . down here you gotta hit the wolf if you want to go fast or wait til just after dusk then its pretty smooth. sucks that there cracking down up there we planned a trip to shawano for shake the lake up there. the last couple years my project wasnt ready til this summer

Blown 472
    That sucks ass about shake the lake, glad I didn't trailer up, and the ****ing harleys suck as they are loud as hell and they dont say shit to them. Signmaster where do you live? I run the wolf all the time, will be out there tomorrow on partridge lake just up from the bridge bar.

signmaster
    last weekend we were up to the weed bed in winneconne most of the time we go to stretch's on winnebego we lilive near butte des morts so Im right between everything.hope to see ya out ther this summer .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast