Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Freeboard challenged

One cool thing about just going for the day..............I get to pop the cherry on FBC posting.
    O.K. I raced about 9 or 10 times and could only pull off one victory.
    Anybody that questions DNE's ability to build a motor, won't want to read this. I raced three DNE powered boats. First I picked on LVjetboy. We each had a passenger (Dan Herc's wife was doing the ride along with me) and jer had his wife Karen along. We ran em down river and he beat me without too much problem. I'd say he had be by 3 to 4 boat lengths after an estimated 1/8 to 1/4 mile. Hey jer where'd ya go? I ran up to the cove after I saw ya, and a bunch of folks were asking where ya went.
    Next I found HBjet on our way out of party cove. We ran down river from the train bridge. Once again, I got my ass handed to me. He got me pretty good in some short chop. Never let it be said that Randy doesn't or won't race. This guy was running against anybody and everybody. If ya pull up alongside him, ya better be ready to stab some throttle, hit the button, crank up the diverter or what ever ya got.
    Next not victim was Hackjob with his fresh BBF, also a DNE power plant. Holy crap he got me like 5 times from a rolling start. About the same spread as the other two races. I finally got him to slow down enough to convince him to go from a standing start (actually a rolling backwards start from the current). It's the only time I could pull him. If we'd run any more than an 1/8 mile, he'd have caught me on the big end.
    Any way. I had an absolute blast and met some new people, burned up all my gas and a bottle of nitrous. Everybody was way cool and we couldn't have asked for a better day. 100 degrees with a light wind from the south. Calm waters (for the mostpart).
    Thanks to Roostwear for putting the shindig on. Everything went nice n smooth.
    Never had so much fun getting my ass kicked.
    Special thanks to the Herc, Flatbroke and their better halves for helping me launch and recover my boat.
    Oh yeah, my ride ran awesome all day long and the only casualty was my bilge pump which took up a nasty smoking habit, then went on a permanent vacation. If that's the worst that happened..........it was a good mechanical day, considering everything I did to it last week.

Heatseeker
    It's great to get a sneek preview Dan. Even the worst day having your ass handed to you on the water is better than the best day anywhere else !
    Glad to here you're running well and having fun.
    I can't wait for the rest of the stories!

GottaJet
    Sounds like a good time for all. Next year I'm there.

Jake W
    Dan did the new Tunnel ram do any thing fo ya?
    Wheres the pics?
    Jake

Originally posted by Jake W
    Dan did the new Tunnel ram do any thing fo ya?
    Yeah, it helped me use a bunch more gas.

1HOTGMCJET
    Originally posted by Squirtcha?
    So no gains in the MPH department after all that work? Man, I'm sorry to hear that,buddy - or did I mis-construe - you were having so much FUN going faster, you did it more?????

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by Squirtcha?
    Jesus Christ Squirchta, 500+ HP & 88 GPS and most people are faster these days? Sounds like my winter project will be a bigger cam and my 850's. Times, they are a changing'...
    What did you end up jetting your carbs at and where is your total ignition timing?
    LO

Originally posted by LakesOnly
    Jesus Christ Squirchta, 500+ HP & 88 GPS and most people are faster these days? Sounds like my winter project will be a bigger cam and my 850's. Times, they are a changing'...
    What did you end up jetting your carbs at and where is your total ignition timing?
    LO
    You just ainta kidding there. 80's isn't even fast with this group anymore. Hack used my gps and ran 89.1. LVjetboy's running in the upper 90's and I think Randy's there too.
    All I can say is I'm glad cyclone never pulled alongside or I'd been bringing home one more defeat.
    Or for that matter CS19, Big Proppa, Wrightnow, etc. etc.
    Damn it's a fast bunch alright.
    As for jetting. I ran the 76's here in Phoenix to shake it down, and make sure it was gonna start and run. Oddly enough it turned out being pretty danged close. Did a full speed run and as soon as it was safe enough, shut her down without idling. Paddled her in and checked all the plugs. They looked real good but the river's almost 2000' difference in elevation so I jetted up to 78's square. Turned out to be a good combination and I think I'll leave em like that.
    Ignition timing is a fairly conservative 34 degrees total. Even though the N20 kit is only 100 hp, I don't want to run it at much more than that. After this weekend, I'm gonna step up the nitrous to 150hp just to try to stay in the game a little.

Doug H.
    Sqiurcha, sounds like you had a great time with the boys kudo's to you for admitting you lost a few races as well but you had a blast doing it though.

Mohavekid
    Sounds like everyone stepped up quite a bit over the winter.
    Squirtcha, did you see any speed difference from the addition of the dual carbs and tunnel ram?

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast