Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Freeboard challenged

Originally posted by Squirtcha?
    Yeah, it helped me use a bunch more gas.
    Nope. Throttle response seems a little better now, but overall top end there was no improvement. I changed all my gages so I'm not positive, but my rpm seems unchanged. According to DD the horsepower increase is at 5500 rpm and I'm only running about 5200-5300 now. I'd probably have to cut my impeller to a B in order to get into the rpm range where the ponies live.
    Not sure if I wanna do that. We'll see.
    I don't want to compromise the holeshot. Around here, we all race from a dead stop and a good holeshot is imperative. I think I'd get more slip from the B. I still want it to be good for pulling skiers too, so that's a factor.

LakesOnly
    Yeah, it helped me use a bunch more gas.
    Welcome to the world of 2x4 tunnel rams
    LO

Mohavekid
    Nope. Throttle response seems a little better now, but overall top end there was no improvement. I changed all my gages so I'm not positive, but my rpm seems unchanged. According to DD the horsepower increase is at 5500 rpm and I'm only running about 5200-5300 now. I'd probably have to cut my impeller to a B in order to get into the rpm range where the ponies live.
    Not sure if I wanna do that. We'll see.
    I don't want to compromise the holeshot. Around here, we all race from a dead stop and a good holeshot is imperative. I think I'd get more slip from the B. I still want it to be good for pulling skiers too, so that's a factor.
    Too bad no speed increase, the cool factor went up though.
    I had a berk "b" cut in my Challenger which is the same hull as your Kachina. The motor was putting out about 600 HP at 5800 RPM. We used it for skiing and tubing a lot.
    I had to feather the gas on a hard hole shot or the motor would cavitate the impeller. Once it got to about 10 MPH I could nail it and it hooked up real well. It was too much for pulling a skier up, so I still had to take it easy on the gas. My wife didn't like having her fingers yanked off her hands.

victorfb
    haven't heard anything about dan hercs boat.... but hows that keg doin'???

Missed ya Victor. Dan had some problems with his boat. Carb/fuel troubles we're pretty sure. He had a pretty bad stumble at the mid range. He pulled his Fram fuel filter cartridge out and it was really bad, so I'm sure that was part of it.
    The beer was excellent though. Had one for breakfast at 10:00 am.

AZKC
    The beer was excellent though. Had one for breakfast at 10:00 am.
    Thats what I'm talkin about Thanks for the report. I went through the nasty/old fuel problem on my first trip. Hope my truck runs on it I drained my tanks and put it in the truck since its $2+ a gallon :eek!:

Big Proppa
    It was great meeting you squirtcha - Got the CP running pretty well this morning here is a few pics.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...sh_pic-med.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/..._pic_2-med.JPG
    It's funny that with all those beautiful boats, spped passes, drunk friends and pretty girls I only get 2 shots all weekend and they're both of my dumb ass and a fish
    Had a blast - it was definately the start of a bitchen summer.

Just got in the driveway and thought I'd respond real quick. First of all, what a great group! The party in the cove was cool... my boys liked it almost as much as Bigamist! I got the boat out for a few runs to see what it'll do.... needless to say, I was shagging beers. I'm satisfied with what I gps'ed, but holy shit! Dan's right, there were a few heavy hitters there. Nothing like the sound of the zoomies on Bill's CP, or Cyclone running dry. Just an awesome day. Dan had some fuel contamination problems, so he attacked the keg. Nothing like seeing him move to rap! I'll have to finish posting later when I upload some photos. BTW, Chris' left turn HAS to get posted (Bigamist) Geezus, talk about unloading your shorts!
    More later.....

I have a couple shots of you Bill!

hack job

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast