Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Freeboard challenged

Jer, how the heck did I not see you or your boat all weekend ?

LVjetboy
    Well, we stayed at the Big Water Inn and launched at the park...not the RV one. Sorry we didn't hook up!
    Seems a bit lame, but I only raced one other jet besides Squirtcha. And I'm not even sure who it was but I think there's video? I'd just launched for the first time, engine not warm, hoping everything's cool, looking over the side thinking, "dang that water's movin' fast...and what? Is that the bottom whizing by?! Yikes!" I'm used to lakes...really deep lakes. where the water stays in the same place.
    So while I'm waiting for Karen to park the trailer this jet dude lines up next to me (sorry I didn't recognize a fellow jetter) and like nods at me. Being polite I nod back. Then think, oops, that means I wanna race. Well, I couldn't back down then 'cause I'd look stupid so we both start rollin I'm thinking sh*t I hope Karen stuff doesn't fly out the back. But he's pullin' ahead so I floor it and blow the intake. Rookie mistake. Back off slightly till the pump reloads and away she goes. Not the smoothest job on my part.
    When the race was over, I'm heading back to the dock and the dude with the video camera's still rollin' So I'm tryin to bring it to the dock like a pro with water zooming by and Karen standing there with her sandals in hand wondering if she's gonna have to leap out to me and it takes me a couple approaches with throttle just to stay even to the dock. I finally get close enough so she jumps in.
    It's all on tape.
    jer

wsuwrhr
    Originally posted by roostwear ... was there ANYONE slower than me?
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...5mph-thumb.jpg
    I'm glad we wound up at Big River. It just could not have gone better. More pictures tomorrow..... Sopranos and Deadwood are on!
    I was slower pal, I think the mighty Dodge is going away, but I am still at a solid 54MPH. We'll see what SB Products can come up with.
    Big River was the place to be.
    The award winners were already posted, so now news there, but the group from Valencia needs to chime in with their success in taking home the Farthest pull award.
    A group I invited out ran out of diesel on Rice looking for fuel, I thought those trucks had bigger tanks. Jay's son came down with the flu on the way out, passed it on to his Dad, and was pretty much sidelined the whole weekend. Bummer deal for them. I handed them the Hard Luck award, I hope noone was pissed that they weren't in OUR group, but I thought they earned it. Troopers.
    I think I will do something special for Bill, he pretty much worked his ass off all weekend. I don't really think it was hard luck for him, but maybe his boats would work better if he would concentrate on one and quit changing them out. haha Just giving you shit bud. Maybe it will be "Persistent" or something to that effect, what do ya'll think?
    I hope CS19 knows about winning the Lowest Freeboard award. I dropped it off with WrightNow.
    I am sure LVJetboy had a good shot at it, but the guy was never hanging around to check it out. Nice boat, posting big numbers.
    I had a good time. Can't wait for next year.
    Brian

Cas
    looks like a blast was had by all! I'm hoping I'll be able to make it down there sometime to meet up with you all.
    I'm also real glad to hear everyone was safe and sound

wsuwrhr
    Originally posted by riodog
    I've almost got it ! Am I too late?
    Rio
    You are almost there, can you build a time machine?
    You missed out bud, nice shot though, looking good.
    Brian

Jetdriver
    Good time this weekend, Good to see everyone. Thanks Roostwear for another great event. Thanks Brian for the carb work on Jeffs boat, that was great! Ill post pics later.

Originally posted by wsuwrhr
    I hope CS19 knows about winning the Lowest Freeboard award. I dropped it off with WrightNow.
    Brian
    I can honestly say I think I deserved it, I got seriously swamped numerous times.

MAXIMUS
    Sounds like a really cool event! I would have enjoyed hanging out with you all for the weekend. Was putting the starter in saturday morning & caught the boat on fire! No big just grabbed the extinguisher & put it out! Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse I got my portable fan out to blow the smoke out of the garage & in doing so tripped on the cord dropped the fan & stepped into it! The result was I cut my achellies in half as well as most of my calf muscle! I spent the rest of the weekend in surgery & recovery! Whew some fun amigos!!! Needless to say my summer came to a slamming stop! :frown:

hack job
    Originally posted by MAXIMUS
    Sounds like a really cool event! I would have enjoyed hanging out with you all for the weekend. Was putting the starter in saturday morning & caught the boat on fire! No big just grabbed the extinguisher & put it out! Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse I got my portable fan out to blow the smoke out of the garage & in doing so tripped on the cord dropped the fan & stepped into it! The result was I cut my achellies in half as well as most of my calf muscle! I spent the rest of the weekend in surgery & recovery! Whew some fun amigos!!! Needless to say my summer came to a slamming stop! :frown:
    maxi sorry to hear about that mishap. hope all is ok and hope to see you on the water real soon. hope you have a fast recovery.

The fan blade cut the Achilles tendon? Holy shit, talk about freak accidents! Will they have you on crutches, or in a wheelchair for a while? Sorry you didn't make the trip, and I hope the recovery goes well.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast