Thread: Max boost for Race gas

Customlinkage
    Hello everyone,
    Does anyone know what the max boost has been utilized from a roots blower on pump gas?
    Want to use the following part:
    1471 supercharger
    Intercooler
    BBC full-ported heads
    Need to know.
    Willis

TPI
    Customlinkage:
    Hello everyone,
    Does anyone know what the max boost has been utilized from a roots blower on pump gas?
    Want to use the following part:
    1471 supercharger
    Intercooler
    BBC full-ported heads
    Need to know.
    Willis Willis, Max boost with what amount of timing? What compression ratio. I can probably help, but I need a bit more info. There are a ton of variables here including the kind of boat you have. You might have more of a load on your boat than "the guy with max boost". As much info as you can provide, you can PM me if you want.

DEL51
    Perfect response GT. You Need to know your static compression ratio and start from there.Race gas can compensate fpr a a few mistakes until you get your engine set up.the Key is timing and air fuel ratio.

HighRoller
    Just keep putting smaller pullies on it till it blows up.Then rebuild it and go back to the next bigger size.No need to thank me....

TPI
    HighRoller:
    Just keep putting smaller pullies on it till it blows up.Then rebuild it and go back to the next bigger size.No need to thank me.... Now thats funny! That was me 14 years ago with my first, second, third............ Blown Gas Motors, took a while to figure it out, but trial and error and lots of $$$$$ has taught me some invaluable lessons.

565edge
    Custom linkage,My buddy has a 588" chevy and its 9:1 comp with a 750 lift roller on a 114 lobe seperation,We are going to try to run 12 pounds of boost with a richard lee innercooler and a 8:71 blower,Im sure you will beable to atleat go between 10 and 12 pounds with your boat,By the way your boat looks sweet,I hope to see you at the drags in the near future,aka miller killer,what impeller and rpm are you turning,does the boat act diffrent from the howard.
    [ July 06, 2003, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: 565edge ]

77charger
    i have a friend that runs 10 pounds of boost in his boat on pump gas.Dont know the motor specs besides that it is a 468 bbc.Blower size is an 8-71

TPI
    Timing, Timing, Timing, guys these things will blow up if you run too much boost and/or timing. A little bit too much of one or the other is expensive. You can set your blown boat up perfectly, and drive it a little deeper in the water than you normally do and blow it up due to the increased load leaning it out, then out go the pistons, right out the exhaust tip. Have fun , but look out. The Question "how much boost" is incomplete, It almost needs to be a paragraph long question, to get a complete answer. I hope this is coming out the right way, I just dont want anyone to go through what I went through. I missed out on a lot of fun weekends when I was in my 20's.(30's now)

Blown 472

Customlinkage
    565 Edge
    I thought you were going to come to the races with your Edge eek! The entry fees for you are $75.00 and association will let you run toy in river racer if you have the safety equipment and pass tech inspection.
    According to Kuhl Blowers, race gas willnot respond very well after 20 or so pounds of boost.
    I'm currently using 13lb and a EGT of 1500 devil
    No problems yet. The inside of my engine seems to be okay idea
    Hey, the races are up your direction July 19 & 20 at Chowchilla. See Ya outthere!
    Willis
    [ July 07, 2003, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: Customlinkage ]