Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bigger Boats vs. Smaller Boats.

Mohavekid
    First it had to be small enough fit in the garage.
    Second, it had to be big enough to fit my family of 5 plus all of our gear for a week of camping out on Lake Mohave.
    Third, it had to be quick enough to pull by 250 lb ass out of the water on a single slalom ski.
    Fourth, it had be small enough that it did not throw a wake so huge that would scare the kids when they were learning to ski.
    All of those requirements kind of dictated a 21' boat.

dicudmore
    started at 18'...skied great, easy to drive, tow, wash, keep full of gas. rode like hell.....
    wound up at 29'. no way would I try to ski behind it, hard to park, impossible to keep full, rides like a big ole cadillac

MRS FLYIN VEE
    we have owned many many boats in our time.. we started out with a 66 stevens flat bottom and owned many in between our current 29' cat.. we just kept crawling up the latter where we are currently.. for our selves and the family..

lovemyultra
    $$$ for us

SoCalOffshore
    I needed a boat large enough for me to get a new tow vehicle, soley to tow it. Then it had to be too large for my garage, this way I can pay hundreds of dollars a month in storage fees. Filling it up would max my credit card out was another important consideration. Lasty, putting it on the tralier would be something like landing a 747 on an aircraft trailer. Finally, one gas sucking engine wasn't enough, so it had to have 2!! Almost forgot, it had to have a very conservative paint job.

dicudmore
    Originally posted by SoCalOffshore
    I needed a boat large enough for me to get a new tow vehicle, soley to tow it. Then it had to be too large for my garage, this way I can pay hundreds of dollars a month in storage fees. Filling it up would max my credit card out was another important consideration. Lasty, putting it on the tralier would be something like landing a 747 on an aircraft trailer. Finally, one gas sucking engine wasn't enough, so it had to have 2!! Almost forgot, it had to have a very conservative paint job.
    sounds like he about hit it on the head to me

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by SoCalOffshore
    Yep.

phebus
    I figured the more I spent on a boat, the more the wife had to hang over my head for the rest of my life.....

BarryMac
    I didn't want anything larger than 21', my main reason is becasue if it was much bigger I would feel obligated bring my leach of an asshole brother and his destructive little family.

phebus
    I actually got tired of falling into the holes made by the bigger boats, so went bigger. Now I'm the hole'er not the hole'ee.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast