Thread: attention Dustin at whipple (quad rotor help)

sofa king smooth
    I have a injected 572 quad rotor and love it.However, the thing loves to throw blower belts at higher rpms.I have talked to others with the same motor and have heard similiar results.I hear you are making some type of plate to remedy this problem.The motor made better then 1150 hp and is an absolute monster,I would just like to keep belts on it.Please let me know if you have anything in the works or if you alredy have something available.

Whipple Charged
    Were making a plate to make it so it cannot throw a belt, something is moving at high rpms to push the belt one direction, the new plate will remedy it even if it does.
    Dustin

Bye You Bandit II
    sofa king smooth------I may have the same motor, with one belt turning both whipples; love it also.. The last thing I did to keep the belt on was to drill and tap a hole in the front bracket and with a bolt snugged down on the lug that tightens the belt, I haven't had any more problems.
    Bandit

hans
    Hi guys, I'm putting together a blown Merlin BBC and at present only have the block. I was looking at going with a 4.6" x 4.25.(565) Do you have any comments regarding displacement. That is, did you choose 572 for a particular reason. Also, what do you rev to?
    Thanks
    Paul.

Infomaniac
    4.6 bore puts it too close to the limit to start with for me. If you have unlimited funds go for it.
    The 4.5 x 4.5 572 does not have a good enough rod/stroke ratio for my taste.
    The other 572 combination is acceptable with stock BBC rod/stroke ratio using a tall deck.