I had narrowed my search for a blower down to the Procharger, Whipple, and Vortech offerings. I was deadset on putting one on my boat in the near future. I went down to Quality Peformance Marine in Corona, CA and asked them for their advice. They are about as honest and level-headed as they come in the marine mechanic industry. They deal almost exclusively with the high-performance boat industry, and are EFI wizards. This is a summary of what I was told:
1. They will not even touch any motor that has a Whipple or Procharger on it. They went so far to say that the Procharger is a 'ticking time bomb.' The Whipple didn't fair much better.
2. They will install B&M or Vortech systems only. But, before they will do it, you get their standard "supercharger" speech. Rob, the owner, took about an hour to explain how each of the different blower systems work, thier ups and downs, risks, etc. After his in-depth "class", I must say he changed my mind on installing a blower all together! It really took the wind out of my sails about installing a blower!
Although they will sell and install blowers, even they don't recommend them. They recommend either installing the Vortech's MaxFlow EFI Power Pack, or save up your money and buy an HP 500 EFI.
Before you go out and buy a blower system, you ought to stop by or give Rob a call. (909) 735-5503. Then you can make an informed decision that you won't later regret.