Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: FORCE 29'-GREAT PRICE!!!

gimprvr
    Originally posted by 33daytona:
    i thought the girls where a nice touch at the show and the boats look awesome
    as far as splashing look at the american offshore,howard,and some others i heard they wher splashed from talon?
    The only difference is if you ask Howard they'll tell you it was a splash off a Talon. nobody really cares if it works and you can get it for a good price fine, However, nobody wants to be lied to in any situation that they are spending in the $100K range. it only begs the question, what else are they not telling me?

BoatFloating
    Originally posted by shiznit:
    Who really gives a shit if someone splashes someone elses hull. It's been going on for ever. All the top builders have stolen ideas from other hulls. I don't know why you people are taking it so personal when you don't even have any affiliation to either of the companies. Get over it and on with your lives. Just my .02
    Peace out,
    Shiznit
    Hey my Shizly, you must give a shit because you posted an opinion and so did I and if nobody has an opinion then there is no chat boards, right? All I'm doing is listing facts. Not once did I say Force is a crap company or makes crap boats. These boards are used by boating people and people looking to buy boats and they should know what they are getting into. When you buy a boat you should know every thing about it. Howard has no problem in telling people that their cat is a splash. Like I said earlier splashes are common place. The only thing I'm saying is don't deceive your customers or the boating public that know the truth. As Charley (thank you) pointed out. Force and a guy claiming to be customer looking to buy a Force have the same computer address. Here is The Doc's quote.
    posted 2/04-Charley, Sorry, but I am not affiliated with the Force boat company. I am just someone who is very interested in their product and have been very impressed by such a young company. Also if I do buy one of their boats I would like people who see me at the river to know what a quality boat I have.
    The Doc.
    It is nice to see that Force lets there potenial customers use their computer to stick up for them and promote their product. Again trying to deceive you and me. That is why I give a shit and I'm not trying to start it. Force deflects from the truth and people should see that. If Force came out and said yes we splashed Carrera 257 and we made it even better, that I could respect. This is not about a splash issue. I could really care less about that it happens all the time and it doesn't make the boat bad. What it is about IS THE TRUTH. Let's just start telling it!!!!
    BF......
    (defender of truth!) or at least what I know!
    [This message has been edited by BoatFloating (edited March 11, 2002).]

future boater
    to me it really doesnt seem to matter, obviously it doesnt matter to carrera, maybe the two came to an agreement, maybe carrera said fine splash it as long as you give us a mold.
    so if carrera didnt tool the 29 ft. SHOULDNT they be able to sell it for close to the same price, and if no why not?

Jrocket
    Originally posted by future boater:
    so if carrera didnt tool the 29 ft. SHOULDNT they be able to sell it for close to the same price, and if no why not?
    That is a dam good question! I wonder what the price would be compared to the Force? This might get good......JR

bigq
    Originally posted by future boater:
    to me it really doesnt seem to matter, obviously it doesnt matter to carrera, maybe the two came to an agreement, maybe carrera said fine splash it as long as you give us a mold.
    I have both price sheets at home but I believe the 257 Carrera and the 26' Force are both pretty competitive on the price, I think it was about 3K more for the Carrera for the 496HO setup. The custom motors all would depend on who was doing them.

Charley
    nicely put BF..hehehe

BoatFloating
    Originally posted by Charley:
    nicely put BF..hehehe
    No! Charley, Thank You for the detective work.
    To repond future boater. You hit it right on the head. Carrera doesn't care and that agreement was reached as far as I know and there is a 29' mold sitting at Carrera that came from somebody?? The pricing issue. Carrera still needs tool a top for it which cost money in time and material. I know Carrera prices are pretty compeitive so that won't be a issue. They aren't the highest and not he lowest. I wouldn't say they would price it the same as the Force 29'. Could be less or more I'm not sure. If I were them I wouldn't try to sell it cheaper that just taints the Carrera name. There are some builders out there who build a cheaper boat and call it a different name more of a entry level boat. I'm not a big fan of that. The reason they to that I imagine is to not cheaping the main name. You don't see any of the long time builders doing that. I don't think Carrera will go that way with the 29' I've read these boards many of times before I started posting.I did it to get a feel of the info out there and hopefully add some helpful info to people not to stir the pot. So future boater I hope you will find some good and truthful info on these boards if you are looking for a new boat.it seems everyone has an opinion and that should help people in finding a nice ride. All I wish is that people would'nt have 2 or 3 user names and try to pump the product and then sell it under the same IP address. I have 2 IP addresses because I have the work and home computer versions. The thing that won't change is my user name. I sure wish they had them around when I was buying my last couple boats. The guys at Carrera have treated me great and I'm sure most builders do the same, it's just hard to leave a for sure thing. Kinda like my wife (just kiding honey). They say the best sales people are the current boat owners. I just wish they would pay me some commission.
    BF....
    defender of truth (except what I tell my wife) sorry honey!!!

future boater
    hi bf thanks for the response. i will get a boat when i can i have some priorities(hope thats rite) when i first started posting i was in more of a position to buy a boat then now.any ways i agree totally with your last post. no disagreements. thanks again

damchi
    Questions for BOATFLOATING,
    I would like to ask you two questions or get your opinion about the 29' Force. You say that you are a fan of Carrera boats and enjoy yours. I understand that when you start off with one kind of boat you tend to stick with them. But I want to know if you were to do it differently would you consider the 29' Force. I'm asking because I am interested in three different boats the 27' Lavey cat, the 29' Force and the 27' Aftershock. After the boat show I was leaning towards 29' Force, but like you I want to know everything there is to know about them. The other question is about the balsa wood used in making the bottom half. I hear that you don't want wood flooring, cause it can warp and rot. I know that Lavey craft, Eliminator, and also Force use the balsa wood. What can you tell me?
    In summary, would you buy a 29' Force and what can you tell me about balsa reinforcing.
    thak you
    damchi

BoatFloating
    Originally posted by damchi:
    Questions for BOATFLOATING,
    I would like to ask you two questions or get your opinion about the 29' Force. You say that you are a fan of Carrera boats and enjoy yours. I understand that when you start off with one kind of boat you tend to stick with them. But I want to know if you were to do it differently would you consider the 29' Force. I'm asking because I am interested in three different boats the 27' Lavey cat, the 29' Force and the 27' Aftershock. After the boat show I was leaning towards 29' Force, but like you I want to know everything there is to know about them. The other question is about the balsa wood used in making the bottom half. I hear that you don't want wood flooring, cause it can warp and rot. I know that Lavey craft, Eliminator, and also Force use the balsa wood. What can you tell me?
    In summary, would you buy a 29' Force and what can you tell me about balsa reinforcing.
    thak you
    damchi
    Damchi, I thank you for asking my opinion. I'm not the expert but have owned 4 boats and you learn from every one to do something different. I'm sure there are guys and gals that could shed some more light in area's that I might not know. About the wood floor. Alot of builders are going to the full fiber glass inner liners and that to me is the only way to go now. My Carrera has one and I'll tell you it's great for clean up and over all longevity. I had a boat floor rot and it was just a pain in the ass to fix. As to the other companies that offer them other boat owners will be able to tell if there boat's come with it or not,it is a plus though. I think Eliminator is now doing them in all their cat's. As balsa wood goes they treat the wood and fiber glass them. The only time you have to worry about the rot is if you bring alot of water into the boat all the time and the carpet remains wet alot. Also the longer you own the boat the better your odds for wood rot.
    I think anyone of the boats you named you would be happy with. You need to drive all of them with the same power package. The problem is you go out in a built Lavey and it rides great. Then you go out in a stock Shockwave with just a 496HO and think the boat is a dog, it's not apples to apples. One of the important things is how you are treated after you give them your money and take deliver. Again I can only speak for Carrera because that's what I've bought the last 3 times. So coming back tells you all you need to know. The bad part is you don't know until you've already paid your money, I'm sure some of the other guys on the board can give you feed back on other boat builders on how they were treated before and after. You know they treat like gold trying to get you to buy but how will they treat you when you have a problem. I can tell you from first hand knowledge. I have a good friend of mine that bought a 1997 boat used I won't say what company but it isn't any of the ones you are looking at. Anyways, it was still under the manufacture's warranty and it started to delaminate. He called the manufacture and told him the problem and they said tough luck you are the second owner. So I told him to do this. Call back and pretend to be someone looking to buy one of there boats and ask a bunch of questions, then ask about the warranty and if was transferable. Guess what there answer was? your right of coarse it is. Then my buddy dropped the hammer and said that was funny you told me it wasn't for my boat. The manufacture reluctantly said they would fix it. It took them 8 weeks and half assed the job. The morale of the story is he will never buy a new or used one of those boats again, because they don't stand behind their product and I think that is worth something. Like I said, people who own the boats you are looking at can answer your questions better than I can on the after sale. So I'm sure you will hear from those owners. I really do like the look that Lavey cat though it is sharp. I'll give the best piece of advice. If you have a wife you better ask her which one she wants. Because you can come here and complain all you want after you bought the boat and we can all not listen. You will have to listen to her all the time. Now if it's a girlfriend, don't worry about it. With one of those boat's you will have all girlfriends you need!!!! Good Luck and let us know what you decide on.
    Hey boat owners help our man out with your feed back!
    BF..... (defender of truth) except when in Havasu!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast