Thread: hot-jet coat

About how much does it run to hot-jet coat a set of OT Headers? Also how well does it stand up to running them dry?

Craig
    I had a set of chromed car headers I wanted powder coated. They told me it;d be about $150 to strip the chrome and $250 the powdercoat then silver.
    My IMCO exhaust manifolds had a thick black powdercoat on them. I blew a seawater pump hose off. Heated the motor up and bubbled all the powdercoat

is powder coating and hot jet coating the same thing? I though it was diffrent.

sgdiv7
    I had mine done almost 2 years ago and at that time I payed $325 and My exhaust temp is 1450 with no water and the tubes got frosty looking 3-4 inches from the flanges and the rest still look good the rest of the way up and back. When I had them coated by jet hot they told me that I should not run egt's above 1350 and do not set up a new motor with them on I was told to use an old pair of headers until you got the timing right & fuel system straightend out before you bolt them on. They were real nice guys to deal with. I will never own another set of crome headers again. I like the sterling silver, it looks close to polished alu. Oh ya , they told me that there coating has life time rust free warrantee. Mine still look good and no rust.

GofastRacer
    Jet-Hot is the shit and it is totally different than powdercoating, they told me $250 to do my ugly Bassetts if I got the chrome stripped myself...

tahitijet
    they charged me 300 which included stripping the chrome and the rechrome that was over that.
    they told me they were good to 1500 and never run them dry
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...240212-med.JPG