Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Stainless impeller

BrendellaJet
    For a Jacuzzi 12wj. Im told they exist, but are rare. Anyone?

GM Killer
    DON'T BOTHER!!!
    By the time you find one, and spend the money on it and the install, you could have installed a new intake and be running a real pump.

BrendellaJet
    well, not to burst your bubble or anything, but my pump has about $2500 worth of modifications, (MPD stage 3 work). Jack says its gonna be equal to the best of the berks, and smoke all the rest. With the power I plan to run though, Id like to replace the aluminum, even though it is more substantial than a berk aluminum. When my boats done, Ill let you swallow some of my roost and see if you still think its a waste of money.

toad polumsky
    A.T. sells a conversion kit with a stainless impeller for 2500.00 . And they work a hell of a lot better than any "worked over" Jacuzzi stuff. It seems like you guys would do some checking before you dumped the price of a new jet into your old one!

BrendellaJet
    Have you actually tried this? Jack seems to think that this pump will propel my boat to over 100mph. I didn't see the need to swap if he says its that capable. Why go through the work?(Id go berk, not ATs "energizer"-they work good for the axial flow Jacuzzis...). It may not be popular, but they were competitive back in the day. Considering the technology has not come very far in the last 25 years, Im thinking this pump is gonna do fine.

Hustler
    your WJ will be fine, if it was a YJ I would definitly go to the energizer, Check with Jim Brock at Cyclone or Duane at Hightec those guys always seem to have that kinda stuff laying around.

ChetCapoli
    Originally posted by toad polumsky
    It seems like you guys would do some checking before you dumped the price of a new jet into your old one!
    There was a saying around here..."why question a knowlegable pump guru?"....i gotta admit though...2500 is alot of money when im sure that pump was done cheaper than that and probably works better than the 2500 conversion. Some of these pump mfg's need to get their pricing in line with original berkeley stuff.....when you can trade your old pump(whatever it may be, whatever condition) and get a new pump with diverter for 2000 why would you think about really anything else?? Like rebuild kits...often imitated but not duplicated.
    CHET

Jake W
    Chet I see what you are saying.
    But the MPD pump probely has a ride plate and shoe,clearences have been set up tighter than a stock pump.And it has been flowed meaning it can flow more water than a stock pump,the pump he has is mixed flow pump like a Berk.
    And if you add up the money he would have spent to have the berk put in he would have a stock pump agine with more money spent for the pump and install.
    Though I would rather have the Berk too in the end it would cost him alot more than 2500 to make the berk comparable to the flowed Jusuckie.
    Jake

Danhercules
    I dont get it. So what, If he wants to put the money in it, let him. I think its cool that someone is getting a pump that everyone says, "Its junk, get rid of it." and gonna make it run.
    GOOD FOR HIM!!! I like when people try new things.

BrendellaJet
    Thats part of the reason I went with it. I thought about glassing the intake back up so I could start from scratch, , but that would have been too much work I think. I'll see how it goes, Im thinking its gonna surprise a few people.
    As far as impellers go, I PM'd Jim Brock and he said he has seen a bronze and a stainless for the WJ. Mentioned that he might be able to get his hands on the bronze one...Whats it worth, and how much stronger is it?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast