Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DCB 26ft....With a Merc 575SC

Jim-8
    Just wanted to see if anyone here owns a DCB 26 with a merc 575SC.Just wanted to find out how they liked the motor package Etc.and what the boat will run on radar with that package.I'm thinking about a new 2003 26 DCB
    with the 575SC merc and the new integrated transom system with the new bravo XR Sportmaster drive that has a CNC machined lower aluminum housing and a longer torpedo.Any input would be appreciated.
    Thank's Jim,

RiverDave
    There carving that lower unit out of billet now?? Dam!! that's gotta be expensive.
    RD

roln 20s
    Jim-8,
    I was at DCB a couple years ago and saw the first Mach 26 DCB did with the 575SCi. The boat looked great, in fact if I rememeber right it was a full walk thru bowrider. The crew just got back from a test drive and I think they said it was in the 88-90mph range. It has a one year warranty and with the ITS that seems to be very popular- I don't think you could go wrong!
    Good luck-
    Roln 20s

Jim-8
    RD,..Yes they are and it look's really trick!. I will post the article on the new drive as it appeared in may 2002 issue of Family & Performance boating mag.I was given a price of 5000.00 which includes the ITS system that has hydraulic steering with the Sportmaster xr drive.I didn't think that sounded to bad?.I was expecting a higher price.
    Roln-20's, Thank's for the info.Would like to stay with a merc package as I like the one year warranty they offer.Was also thinking about a 500 HP MPI or the new 525 HP MPI that has a close cooling system,custom edelbrock aluminum heads and CMI's longer tube "Sweeper" headers and adding a blower after the warranty ends.
    Jim,

Charley
    Jim, My 26' Ran 92 GPS with a 620 Hp Teague 509... hope that helps

MrHavasuCat
    I would estimate high 80's. Charlie's old motor was 620 at the flywheel and probably about 590 at the prop. The 575 I think is rated at 550 at the prop.
    If it were my choice, and I wanted to stay with a Merc motor, I would go with the HP 525 or 500 and add a whipple later. More performance for your money.
    [This message has been edited by MrHavasuCat (edited June 14, 2002).]

Jim-8
    Thank's Charlie & MrHCat, I was really thinking of going with the 575SCI but the only thing I was not really crazy about was the throttle body FI. I think that the MPI is much more precise in the way it delivers fuel to each cylnder therfore making much more power. Do you guys know anyone that has run the whipple set up? It seems to be a well thought out system. Just trying to put a package together that won't give me any headaches. It sure would be great to hit that 100 MPH mark as I've never been there in a boat before!! Mr Havasu, I think you're right about going with the 525HP. Thanks
    How do you post a picture here?
    Jim

Charley
    Well Im probably the wrong guy to ask cause EVERY FRICKIN TIME I TRY I get a red x but... it's got to be 525 pixels wide, be on a website somewhere and preceded by and ended with
    I'll try with a non boating pic
    http://www.stage-tech.com/production...g/conclig2.htm

Charley
    YA SEE!!!!!! I SUCK!

Jim-8
    img/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast