Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rear Hold Down Straps

LASERRAY
    Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
    I was following a big Daytona out of Havasu one time...he hit a bump (with no rear tie-downs) and the whole damn boat came a few inches off the bunks and landed hard.
    I imagine smaller boats are worse. Either way. without them, it will be hard on the bunks (let alone the fiberglass).
    Also, if the front strap lets go (like in an accident), they will be the only thing keeping the boat on the traler.
    I just can't figure out where to put them on the new boat:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ig_transom.jpg Looks good from the back HH. Congrats! Now can I see the rest of it? ( i must have missed the other pics last week ).

Kachina26
    I think California requires them when you tow. If all else fails, run one up from the trailer, through the drive (wish I could draw a pic here) and down to the trailer on the other side of the drive. I don't strap mine when launching, but my storage is a block from the ramp

phebus
    Originally posted by sidewound
    I ALWAYS use the rear straps and it's only blocks to the ramp. I believe they're required by law here.

Seatbelt laws for boats

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by phebus
    Damn HH, that's a lot of hardware back there!!
    Yeah...looks like twice as much stuff to break as my old boat...
    Originally posted by LASERRAY
    Now can I see the rest of it?
    Here's a pic from the GRASS PAY$ storage unit:
    http://www.highperformancecars.com/h...he_new_cig.jpg

slink
    HH, bet the neighbors love you Kids on my street would probably use her as a backstop for their baseball games

H20Advantage
    CA requires rear tow straps on a boat ( I believe it falls under CVC 29004(a)).
    I don't think AZ requires tow straps on the rear of your boat.

ESB
    I say figure out something to strap it. Just because it looks like its in same spot dosnt mean it wasnt bouncing around.
    Hell Ive seen people put a long strap over the boat between rear axle and end of trailer.

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by slink
    HH, bet the neighbors love you Kids on my street would probably use her as a backstop for their baseball games
    Yes...exactly.
    Here it is at my house (note the wonderful view the neighbors have now):
    http://www.highperformancecars.com/h...ig_and_sub.jpg

slink
    HH, F'em if they can't take a joke I'm sure a few day cruises can make it all better :wink:

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by slink
    HH, F'em if they can't take a joke I'm sure a few day cruises can make it all better
    Yeah...no kidding. When my neighbor came over, the first thing he said was, "so...trying to compensate for something?"
    A few minutes later he was sitting in it asking when we were going to Havasu...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast