Thread: mounting an electric fuel pump

victorfb
    i have 2 russel SS saddle tanks that are bottom fed. i will run the exit lines out a couple inches then up the transum then across to the water seperater. i have to run an electric fuel pump and have a holley black. the instructions say to mount as close to the tank as possible as they like to push more than pull. how do i do that when i need to feed from both tanks? can or should i connect the pump before, or after the water seperater? the regulater will be closer to the carb/intake then a pres. guage just before the duel feed line. is this a typical installation?

Fiat48
    Since the tanks are bottom outlet, can't see there would be any problem where you mount the pump.
    I would T both lines together from the tanks at the transom area (use large fittings), then go to the pump. Then push through your water seperator/filter.

spectras only
    Victor, I have a Mallory electric with built in regulator in my boat with saddle tanks. The pump is very low in the bilge and thats alleviating the problem once the line is full. Never had problem running idle or wide open ,and have 7 pounds pressure showing all times. I run a mercruiser water separator filter before the pump.

victorfb
    cool. thanks guys.

Originally posted by Fiat48
    push through your water seperator/filter.
    Thats a great idea..