Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are their any plans to bring up the boat ?

Are their any plans to bring up the boat, motors,drives and misc parts ?
    If nothing else, it would be good to know for the future safety of hot boaters everywhere.

Richard Cranium
    Due to the depth, it's probably not only too expensive, it's too dangerous. Probably not worth risking additional lives.

Craig
    Given the tragic loss of life, I'm surprised they're not going to try and recover the boat to try and see if they can determine what went wrong. I know it'd probably be a hardhat dive at that depth, but once they mobilize hard hat equipment and personnel they can work for quite a while at 240'. Is there any other danger related to the actual geographical characteristics of that lake bottom?
    Craig

Richard Cranium
    Who's going to pay for it? You're talking about big bucks for a recovery of machinery from that depth.

RiverDave2
    They would typically raise it just to find out what happened, but being that the motors and drives (or so I read) were ripped from the boat, I don't know if they will or not.
    RD

77charger
    i think the isurance co. will want to raise the boat before paying out any claim.200k is alot to pay out for a boat and will try to find a way to deny the claim based on the capable speeds and hp.just my thoughts.

Richard Cranium
    You're right about the insurance CO. They had to recover a boat of mine that went to the bottom before they'd pay a cent. If anyone has the deep pockets to do it, they do. Their #1 goal always seems to be, spend $2 to avoid paying $1. With the ammount of litigation that could be involved though, they may spend a small forturne to attempt recovery.
    [This message has been edited by Richard Cranium (edited January 22, 2002).]

step up
    Who's to say the boat is insuried as far as i know their is no plans to recover the boat.

Racing Ray
    [This message has been edited by Racing Ray (edited March 12, 2002).]

Tinkerboater
    How much could it cost to use one of those ROV's to run a cable down and hook it to the front hook on the boat or around something on the motors.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast