Thunder on the James II
Lake James
Morganton NC
2nd annual "Toys for Tots" run
Oct 29th and 30th
Unfortunately the cabins and campground are out this year, I will reserve my comments on that for a later date. Due to the late timing, the Hampton Inn is limited in availability, therefore our group will be split up in regards to sleeping arrangements. Here is what I have, any help is appreciated to further along....
Hampton Inn
9 rooms block reserved (2 queen size per room)
Tell them you are with the BOTE group, $75 per night (best deal available for small qty of rooms left)....sorry. I have contacted the local Comfort Inn as well, slightly higher in price. There are also others in the area, but I have only blocked the 9 rooms at the Hampton thus far.
Toys for Tots run (2nd annual)
12 noon Oct 29th Linville access ramp (same as last year)
I have contacted the local national guard, they will confirm with me next week to do the pick up (Marines). Bring one or more toys for the kids, especially during these times in the south when so many have lost so much.
Local newspaper has been contacted and they have confirmed they will be there.
I plan on arriving Friday the 28th around noon.....hope to meet some of you at 'Hot Boat Island' to finish out the day on the water.
So lets get this party started, make it better than last year.
Need to get a roll call started, food listing, arrival/departure time listing, etc..
NC, SC, VA, WV, MD, PA, OH, TN, GA (and any others I havent listed)......come on everyone, lets finish out the year with a bang !!! We had 40 some boats last year, lets blow that number out......