Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Events

***boat
    This is the official upcoming events thread. If you had an event listed in one of the other upcoming events thread please re-post it here.
    Here are the rules (subject to change):
    1. Only post information about upcoming events. If you have a question about an even PM the event coordinator or create a separate topic.
    2. When posting information about an event the following information is all that should be included.
    - EVENT TITLE
    - EVENT LOCATION
    - SHORT DESCRIPTION, NO SPAM (USE COMMON SENSE)
    - CONTACT INFORMATION (A PHONE NUMBER, WEBSITE LINK,
    OR EMAIL ADDRESS)
    3. To keep things well organized and to avoid spam please follow these guidelines. Any posts not conforming to these guidelines will be delete without notice. Any threads advertising upcoming events will be removed as well.
    If you have any questions about these rules do not post them as a reply here or the post will be deleted. Instead PM me with you questions.

Wet Dream
    Beast Of The East
    Lake Anna, Virginia
    June 10 2006
    This is our 5th year at Lake Anna and it gets better every year. From events on the water to the social party after dark this is the place to meet the greatest people. For more information feel free to call Bill at 814-849-6959, cell 814-603-0447or email at BOTE@windstream.net

ss19crew
    Event: Atchafalaya Eastern Divisionals
    Place: Morgan City, Louisiana
    Date: March 18, 19, 2005 with a separate day of racing with separate points on March 20, 2005
    Conducting Club: New Orleans Power Boat Association
    Contact Name: Billy Allen 985-764-2517 telephone 504-469-7418 fax
    Race Course: Lake Palourde
    Minimum Depth: 7 feet
    Maximum Depth: 10 feet
    Elevation: Sea Level
    Size: 1 ¼ Miles Approved for Records (Hampton Course)
    Start: Clock
    Pit Facilities: Fully Secured
    Minimum of three (3) cranes
    Docks
    Air Bottles Filled
    Fuel Sold
    Spectator Passes Sold
    Accommodations:
    Holiday Inn, Headquarters, 520 Roderick Street-985-385-2200, $54.95 per night
    Day’s Inn, 7408 Highway 182 985-384-5750 - $55.00 /night
    Best Western, 1011 Brashear Ave.-985-385-9175-$59.00 /night
    Must mention power boat races to secure this rate. This rate is not
    available through toll free numbers.
    Classes:
    1.5 Stock
    1.5 Mod
    2.5 Stock
    2.5 Mod
    5 Litre
    National Mod
    GNH
    Super Stock
    Pro Stock
    KRR
    JSS
    Cracker Box
    Officials:
    Co-Race Chairman Billy Allen
    Co-Race Chairman Louis Andrews
    Referee Donald Melillo
    Assistant Referee Bruce Broussard
    Chief Scorer Elizabeth Wolfe
    Chief Inspector Jim Appley
    Assistant Inspector Al Grabinski, Jr.
    Pit Manager Ralph Baker
    Risk Manager Oren Dupre
    Clock Operation John Ronchetti
    Entries accepted through email to elizabeth@goboatracing.net for those wishing to utilize the online entry forms through www.goboatracing.net. Otherwise please mail pre-entries to: Elizabeth Wolfe 1011 Penn Circle King Of Prussia, PA 19406 must be post-marked by March 8th.
    Safety & Rescue: Power Boat Racing Rescue (Unlimited Rescue Team), Morgan City Fire Department, Acadian Ambulance, Lakewood Regional General
    Hospital
    Hospitality: Saturday Night Pit Party complete with music, Cajun food, and Mardi Gras. Sunday, one hour after final heat of racing, awards presentation.
    Cell testing Thursday, March 17, 2005. Time to be determined.
    REGISTRATION: Holiday Inn, Thursday, March 17th, 4:30 to 7:30. Boats are to be brought to the pits immediately following registration. The pits will be fully secured over night.
    Pits, Friday, March 18th, 7:00 am to 9:00 am
    Pits, Sunday, March 20th, 8:30 am to 9:00am
    DRIVERS' MEETINGS: Friday at 10:15 am Saturday, driver check-in only – announced at the Friday drivers' meeting
    Sunday at 9:30 am
    TESTING: Friday 8:00 am to 10:00 am. Testing will resume following the drivers' meeting until noon with the first heat starting at 12:30 pm. Time permitting; testing will resume 15 minutes after the final heat of racing.
    Saturday from 9:00 am to 11:30 am with the first heat starting at noon. Boats must be inspected and driver/owner must be registered prior to testing. Maximum of 3 laps per boat. Testing will be conducted in waves with classes determined once a final boat count is known.

mitch32
    Hello Poker Runners,
    The 2005 edition of the Ky. Lake Poker Run will be held Sat., July 9th, at the Ky. Dam State Park in Gilbertsville, Ky.
    The Drivers Meeting will be at the marina, starting at 9:30am, with the first group of boats taking the green flag at 10:00am and the second group leaving 5 minutes later.
    The Ky. Dam State Resort is the Host Hotel this year so book your rooms ASAP, and mention the Poker Run as they have rooms reserved for us. Tel# 800-325-0146 The marina has slips for us as well, if anyone needs one. Marina # 270-362-8386
    The Inn by the Lake in Gilbertsville ( 2 minute drive) has rooms for us, as does the Holiday Inn in Draffenville (10 minute drive) Inn by the Lake # 270-362-4278 Holiday Inn # 270-527-5300
    The evening's festivites will start with dinner at 6:00pm at the Ky. Dam Convention Center, with the opening of the cards, trophy presentation and party to follow. The Convention Center is a very nice "air conditioned" facility with plenty of room for dining and dancing. Our dinner will be a buffett style affair, with Hand Carved Prime Rib, Southern Fried Chicken, and Catfish as entrees along with Vegatables, Salad, and Dessert.
    This years Run will start with a 30 mile jaunt, due south to the Ken-Lake Marina and there we will all raft off, pass out the cards, have drawings for prizes, take pictures for several magazines and newspapers, and basically just have time to see old friends and make new ones!! Fuel is available at the marina.
    From here we are going to change up the basic Poker Run format and go with the format used by the Emerald Coast Poker Run in FL. and others. When you leave Ken-Lake, you will already have 2 Cards in your Hand. There will be a total of 5 more card stops available, so if you want to make the remaining 5 stops, you'll open 7 cards that night. If you want to make only 3 of the the remaining stops and hang out at the Rock Quarry the rest of the day, you will still have a 5 card hand to open that night. I hope I've explained it easily enough for everyone to understand, if not, we will go over it again in the Drivers Meeting. I'll offer a quick explanation; Last year I had several of the smaller boats not really "enjoying" running in the big boats wakes all day, and with the price of fuel the way it is, this should make it a little easier to handle. You'll receive a detailed map with your drivers packet showing all the stops. Two of the stops, The Moors Marina and Buzzard Rock Marina, have food and fuel available If you get hungry or thirsty!!!!!! Three pm is the card deadline. No cards will be given out after 3:00pm at any of the Stops!!!!!!
    OK I'm begging here. Please send in your entry forms as soon as possible so I can get a head count for the Chef to prepare enough food for everyone that evening and also to get the correct size T-Shirt you want. So, please, if you want to eat and you want a shirt, I need them in my hand at least 45 day's prior to the event.. You can pay the entry fee when you check in Fri. afternoon or Sat morning between 7:00am and 9:00am if you want, but please send in the entry form anyway!!!!!!!!!! ok enough said.
    Driver check-in will begin Fri afternoon(the 8th) at 1:00pm at the marina launch ramp area. I know several people are going to make a late afternoon run over to Buzzard Rock Marina for a little food and drink if you're interested. We will also have a Sat. morning check-in starting at 7:30am til 9:00am. That means ending at 9:00, not 9:05!!!!!
    Proceeds from our event will go to the Ky. National Guard, Military Police Support Group. I hope you feel like I do, that supporting the famlies of these brave men and women who are defending our freedom all over the world, is a VERY worthwhile cause!!
    You can log on to www.kentuckylake.com or www.kylakepokerrun.com for any Ky. Lake information, directions, and Poker Run updates!!!
    Thank you and we'll see you there!!!
    Mitch & Tracey

waterslinger
    Party out side the Glenn
    Just a big party open to all boaters.
    Bring beads you will be glad you did.
    Memorial day weekend.
    If you need more info dave.w.laxton@lmco.com

PCE081
    RACE IN PENNSYLVANIA FOR THE HOT BOAT GUY!
    DATE: SUNDAY JULY 10TH 2005
    INFORMATION ON RACE AT http://dvbrc.com
    We have two sportsman classes for the guys whom have hot boats! We also have the serious race classes for the guys whom have the stuff to compete with.
    This year will be one of the best years we have ever seen with boats coming from as far away as florida and michigan. There is a huge purse and a class that is run what you brung for a $ 1,000 plus the other class monies!
    If you want to have a great time and get to run your boat in a safe enviroment (rescue). This is the place to be!
    Hope to see you there! For more information call Walt Braithwaite Sr at 215-672-2424

Sleek468
    If anyone out there is not doing anything on June 25, and you can get to Chesapeake City Maryland, I highly suggest you make it. With a party of about 800 boats filled with wild party people and a ton of sause around you never know what you will see next. Boats will start parking on thursday, and some they won't leave till monday. It's the yearly event called Canal Day!!!! :supp: It is held in Chesapeake City harbor right out front of Cheapeake Inn, a awsome bar and grill with live bands all day long. There will be maybe 1000 people in the bar alone. I'll be there in my 1974 Sleekcraft jetboat raising heck. If you have any questions, you can e-mail me at wjones468@aol.com.........AND DON'T FORGET YURE BEADS!!!!!!!

PCE081
    Race is in Two Weeks!!!!! :eat: RACE IN PENNSYLVANIA FOR THE HOT BOAT GUY!
    DATE: SUNDAY JULY 10TH 2005
    INFORMATION ON RACE AT http://dvbrc.com
    We have two sportsman classes for the guys whom have hot boats! We also have the serious race classes for the guys whom have the stuff to compete with.
    This year will be one of the best years we have ever seen with boats coming from as far away as florida and michigan. There is a huge purse and a class that is run what you brung for a $ 1,000 plus the other class monies!
    If you want to have a great time and get to run your boat in a safe enviroment (rescue). This is the place to be!
    Hope to see you there! For more information call Walt Braithwaite Sr at 215-672-2424

RaceBoat Rus
    The 2005 Toys For Tots Tour
    It is a gain time to get out that boat to do some good things. This year the 2005 Toys for Tots tour will take place on December 3. This unique event is the worlds only boating Toys for Tots Tour. It is tremendous fun and puts some nice gifts in the hands of some deserving children. .
    This event will take place on Dec 3rd at Hickory Point Park in Lake County. Hickory Point Park is on H-way 19 on the shore of lake Harris between Howey in the Hills and Tavares. There will be a pre-tour briefing at 12:00 noon. We encourage all participants to meet early in the day to enjoy lunch and a pretour gathering at the Hickory Point Pavilions. Bring a covered dish a good appetite an unwrapped toy or gift and that great attitude with a big smile.
    The in water tour will start at 1:00 pm [13:00 hours]. Previous to 1:00pm we would like the participating boats to be all gathered at one side of the H-way 19 bridge and exactly 1;00 o’clock a signal will be given showing that is 1:00 o’clock and the tour is to start. Please note that this is not a race or a mad speed dash. There are no set speed limits on these lakes and all participants should use the utmost care to assure that event is safe for all concerned. The tour will proceed across lake Harris through the Dead River Canal and the across Lake Eustis to the City Dock right in Down Town Eustis. There you will be received by some sensational smiling faces that will collect your gifts and impart festive greeting to you and your crew. This event will be officiated by the U.S. Marines as this an official U.S. Marine Toys for Tots event.
    We would like to extend this invitation to you and all you know to enjoy this sensational event. For more information or suggestions or ideas please contact Rus Matos 5327 Goddard Ave Orl. Fla. 32810 E-mail raceboatrus@aol.com or call 407-760 3481.

Jr Jetter
    Thunder on the James II
    Lake James
    Morganton NC
    2nd annual "Toys for Tots" run
    Oct 29th and 30th
    Unfortunately the cabins and campground are out this year, I will reserve my comments on that for a later date. Due to the late timing, the Hampton Inn is limited in availability, therefore our group will be split up in regards to sleeping arrangements. Here is what I have, any help is appreciated to further along....
    Hampton Inn
    9 rooms block reserved (2 queen size per room)
    Tell them you are with the BOTE group, $75 per night (best deal available for small qty of rooms left)....sorry. I have contacted the local Comfort Inn as well, slightly higher in price. There are also others in the area, but I have only blocked the 9 rooms at the Hampton thus far.
    Toys for Tots run (2nd annual)
    12 noon Oct 29th Linville access ramp (same as last year)
    I have contacted the local national guard, they will confirm with me next week to do the pick up (Marines). Bring one or more toys for the kids, especially during these times in the south when so many have lost so much.
    Local newspaper has been contacted and they have confirmed they will be there.
    I plan on arriving Friday the 28th around noon.....hope to meet some of you at 'Hot Boat Island' to finish out the day on the water.
    So lets get this party started, make it better than last year.
    Need to get a roll call started, food listing, arrival/departure time listing, etc..
    NC, SC, VA, WV, MD, PA, OH, TN, GA (and any others I havent listed)......come on everyone, lets finish out the year with a bang !!! We had 40 some boats last year, lets blow that number out......

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast