Thread: Spinout Part 2

Commander460
    I have been on this board for about a week now, mostly trying to find out why my boat want to act recless at high speeds, and spin when I shut her down. Alot of you have given me great advice, and I want to say thanks.
    I made it over to Halletdaves house yesterday, and Big Doug showed up. We looked the boat over really well, and came up with a few possibilities.
    1. There are no fins underneath the boat near the intake
    2. the pivot points for the diverter and steering are missing the nyliner bushings, which is causing some slop.
    3. the ride plate might not be adjusted right.
    So thursday I'm taking the boat over to Les @ valley marine to see if we cant get these things taken care of.
    My main reason for posting this, is to bring attention to the fact that I was searching for some info on my problem, and you all jumped in to help. Thanks again
    Josh

Doug H.
    Josh, it was good to meet you and see your boat in person, we'll get this thing dialed in on thursday. Since you don't have intake fins, this boat may not be tracking straight in the water and will give you the "loose" feeling. just my opinion of course......Doug

I can't remember seeing an E pump boat with fins (other than the photo), so although they may help, there's probably other factors involved. I can only use my boat as an example, but it reacts quite a bit to plate adjustment as well as diverter trim. I would think quite a few boats would spin out with the nozzle down, lifting hard and bowsteering. I am not up to testing the theory though...........

riverbound
    My boat with an E pump has a single fin in front of the intake but none on the intake itself.

PUMP 'HER'
    I've never even come close to spinning out with mine, and I think it is the same hull as the one in question. I can crank it hard and get close but it is always under control and never close to spinning, slow speed or higher speed diverter up or down it doesn't matter.

dtr352
    My biggest suggestion would be to move the nozle up by pushing forward on the control handle. This will trim the boat up and raise the bow. Do it enough to raise the bow of the boat but without making the whole boat feal loose and flighty. I had a similar problem with my boat while I was still brand new to jets. Thoose other issues you mentioned should be fixed but I think the problem lies in the position of the diverter. Good luck.

77charger
    Like i said in the other thread.I had the same probs similar hull i had the fins replaced(were broken off).New diverter(old nozzle was loose and sloppy),Large place diverter rudder put on.Afdter this my boat tracked strait and made a huge improvement.
    I dont know which to compliment the new fins or the large rudder.Some say the rudder makes no difference but the lg rudder actually hangs down pretty far and is in the water when moving(this i have seen)The small place diverter rudders dont hang down as far.
    I never tried the boat without the rudder so i cant say for sure i was happy it was driving normal.

565edge
    I had a 18' advantaqe v-bottom with a e pump and had the same problem.I spun that boat out more than once.You have to learn not to get out of throttle to fast.E pumps dont have fins on the bottom.Mine got better after i added a droop snoot and place diverter.It helped alot when i added a rudder to the diverter.It is very scary.I built a decent motor for it and it was a handful to drive.Contact duane at hi-tech here on these boards he makes alot of stuff for that pump.

Originally posted by 565edge
    I had a 18' advantaqe v-bottom with a e pump and had the same problem.I spun that boat out more than once.You have to learn not to get out of throttle to fast.E pumps dont have fins on the bottom.Mine got better after i added a droop snoot and place diverter.It helped alot when i added a rudder to the diverter.It is very scary.I built a decent motor for it and it was a handful to drive.Contact duane at hi-tech here on these boards he makes alot of stuff for that pump.
    What year Advantage?