Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No more Cali for me

Dr. Eagle
    Phoenix eh? Now about that NBA team you cheer for...
    The SUNS???
    LOL
    Don't blame you a bit. I have been down here in So Cal for almost 6 months now and man I miss norcal... But it is getting almost as bad with crowds and since it is the same state, taxes are same-o....
    Good luck!

mtndewdrops
    Congrats, It appears that things are working themselves out, why not go with it? We have contiplated doing the same thing, but I can't bring myself to list my house.

Doug H.
    I just did the same thing but out in Kingman Az. bought our house in Cali 6 years ago for $80.000 and sold last month for $222.000....i was born and raised here all my life but unfortunetly the wrong people are buying and moving in and creating alot of shit, but it's all over in Cali though.
    We don't have jobs either when we relocate but we are americans and we will survive, jobs don't keep people around anymore with all the down sizeing and all happening it's not worth the crap or safety of my family.
    Im excited to leave and start a new life where things are a little slower paced, kinda like the Barney Fife days.............Doug

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by Doug H.
    Im excited to leave and start a new life where things are a little slower paced, kinda like the Barney Fife days.............Doug
    Just the way Folsom was when I moved there 16 years ago... It had 15000 residents of which 8000 were prisoners at Folsom Prison. Now there are around 64000 not counting the prison. So it has changed a lot, for the worse in a lot of ways for the better in others... but it is still in Cali and I hate the commie bastards that the people from SF, LA and SD elect and send to the capitol. Taxes are really stupid. I would move to Nevada or Arizona in a minute... but I probably never will cuz of the wife.

Bow Tie Omega
    Thank you guys and girls for all of the encouragement. It is a huge move, alot different going with the family then by myself. We have talked about it for 5-6 years, but the wife kept chickening out. We now both make good money, but $600,000 for a 4 bedroom track house in Temecula is just assenine. So, here we go. We will miss our friends during the winter time, but in the summer, we all go to the river anyways and that will not change. As far as our family is concerned, we have 2 extra bedrooms we are not using, so there is plenty of space for people to visit. On another level, it just comes down to me wanting to give my wife and kids the most I can, this is a way I can do that. Thanks again for all of the support..Joe

Bow Tie Omega
    Oh yeah......Go Lakers!!!!!!!

SandbarScot
    BTO, nice house.
    How much did you get for your house in Murrieta?
    I've gotta stay cuz of the job, just sold our house and bought a new one couple miles away here in Murrieta.
    My daughter goes to Arizona State. I love it out there and will retire someday in AZ.

Flying Tiger
    I'll be moving to Arizona myself, best of luck, but having said that
    realize:
    Your car and truck registrations just doubled, your electric bill just tripeled and your property tax will be up there too.
    Any income generated outside Arizona will be subject to Arizona taxes (State and County) as well.
    $300,000 no longer even buys a 900 sq ft / 25 year old condo here in Simi.
    The baby boomers are starting to hit the retirement phase of their lives,, so Arizona should be a good investment.

RiverRatMike
    very nice, I couldn't take CA anymore myself and moved to LHC, AZ last year. I love it here so much better and bought a very nice home...

Cas
    Congrats BTO! As you said, sounds like everything just fell into place, the best way for things to happen
    The only thing I'd suggest is to really look into what the C,C & R's say about what you can and can't do. You might save yourself a bunch of minor headaches by knowing what they say.
    For example, I went and did a little job on a house here in Sonoma. When I was done, I got out to my truck to find a "parking violation" because my truck was backed into the owner's driveway. Turns out, the C,C & R's have it written that not vehicle can be parked in the driveway for more than 1 hour.
    The homeowner had to go to a special meeting to explain why there was a truck parked in her driveway for 2½ hrs.
    What gets me is the person that put the violation on my windsheild saw for himself that I was working on the rear deck....both gates were open, I saw the guy. He could also see that the back of my truck was open as I was using the tailgate as a saw horse to cut the lumber.......always a dick in the crowd

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast