Is that in case you are older and need glasses

JetBoatRich
    Originally posted by LUVNLIFE
    Is that in case you are older and need glasses
    that is coming from a young punk

Doug H.
    True dat Rich !!!!.....

BarryMac
    we can't wait to make this run, it is going to be a blast...
    gjb

Trash
    There is another hot spring/water fall area just north of marker 61 on the west side. It's labelled Two Mile Hot Springs on the Lake Mohave Fish 'n Ski map. Getting in is tricky even without kayakers. If the water level is high enough (640' MSL or greater) it should be possible, but the current is swift.
    I recommend going just upstream of the area, then move to the west side of the river ahead of all the submerged rocks in front of the entrance. Keep the boat pointed upstream and in idle forward and allow the boat to slide back along the western bank. The water is about 6-10' deep right up to the shore in this 100' or so stretch. From there you have two options.
    Option 1: parallel up to the shore and have someone step onto the rocks with a long line to tie off the bow. Once secured, steer the back of the boat towards the shore and tie off a line on a stern cleat and toss it to your assitant. Tie this line off and use it to pull the boat in to board and let out the slack when done to keep the clear of the rocky shore line. Drawbacks are this takes a little work and you have to then scale down a 10' or so rock wall to access the area.
    Option 2: Enter as in option 1 except continue backing down and once abeam the entrance area stear the boat into the entrance. Water varies from 2-4 feet. I'd then have someone jump out with a line (sand spike, slide anchor etc.) and tie off. Drawbacks are you get closer to the underwater rocks just off the entrance area.
    I'd also recommend that the person who is going to shore wear a life jacket. If you were to fall in and not get to shore the cold water would render you hypothermic in 10-15 minutes.
    Keep in mind the rules have changed on when you can go north of Willow Beach towards the dam. Sundays and Mondays are for NON POWERED boats only (canoes, kayaks etc.) This is year round. Power boats can only go upstream north of Willow Beach on Tuesdays through Saturdays between Memorial day and Labor day. Out side of those dates you can only go upstream if you have less than 65 hp. That effectively eliminates most of us here. In my opinion, the new rules blow donkey dick.

Three Days Only
    We went to the Hot Springs two years ago with some friends. We went to the spring on the right hand side of the river heading up towards the damn. There was a cool little cove, and then you hiked back to the springs. We continued up to the third pool, climbed up this cool ladder, and the water got hot as hell. You could barely keep you legs in it. Really cool place to go. There was even some sort of sign that said not to get the water in any of our orfices (holes), something to do with a deadly bacteria. All of us survived, and had a great time. When trash talked about Hypothermia, he's not kidding the water up past willow beach is fricken freezing. You could preserve dead bodies up there.

RiverToysJas
    The Hot Springs are awesome! That's pretty much all the info. There's a "sauna cave" on the NV side about 1/2mile under the dam, but with the bridge construction, I'm not sure if you can still get to it. It's tough with a power boat anyway.
    To get into the cove at Ye Old Outhouse (that's what they call the one at 62), there is a large rock just under the surface, just up river and about 50-60' offshore from the cove beach. The water is clear, and the current fast. I come in backwards beween that rock and the shore, As I pass the rock, have someone throw the anchor off the bow. Be ready if it doesn't hold, because the rocks of the point are behind you, you may need to hold a position with the throttle while the anchor and line is tended to. After the bow is secure, I swim a line to the tree on the point, at the waterline to secure the stern. Then people have to wade/swim to the shore, and it's COLD! Jets and people who don't care about the bottom of their boat can get into pretty shallow water, but the beach is rocky. Then you have to have faith in your anchor if you're going to the highest pools, because it's a good ten minute walk, and you can't see the river at all. When i went with Hustler, we went in shifts, and someone was always with the boats, and watching the lines.
    Hope that helped a bit.
    RTJas

B-rad502
    There's always a "warm spring" located behind our boat several times day while we're at the lake!!
    J/K
    Have a good time North of Cottonwood, it's really nice up there!!

FRENCHIE
    gonna have to head up there to the springs this summer, sounds like lots a fun!

Trash
    One thing I forgot to mention, expect the water level to flucuate. We were at the Two Mile Hot Springs a few days ago and the water level rose 18 inches in the course of an hour. The rock my dad had used as a stepping stone when going ashore was completely submerged when we left.
    Of course, Murphy's Law will dictate the water level should drop leaving your boat high centered on a rock. I'm surprised it didn't happen to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast