Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plasma TVs

ROZ
    That be the Samsung HLN617w1 DLP. If your pops (engineer) says it's good, then it's good Plenty of bells and lots of whistles

PHX ATC
    Originally posted by ROZ
    That be the Samsung HLN617w1 DLP. If your pops (engineer) says it's good, then it's good Plenty of bells and lots of whistles
    Exactly the one I've got my sights set on!

ROZ
    Originally posted by PHX ATC
    Exactly the one I've got my sights set on! Where can I have my AZ guys deliver it to?

carbonmarine
    HDMI & DVI are NOT comaptable each away ..... Only in the sense of video in/out . - NO AUDIO.
    AGAIN : IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT BUYING ANYTHING TRULY HIGH DEFINITION OR DIGITAL .... ** MAKE 110% SURE IT IS HDMI ENABLED. ** DVI IS FAULTY. CABLES and BOARDS ON THE DIVICES ARE NOT COMPATIBLE. HDMI ADRESSES THIS ISSUE - WHICH IS WHY HDMI IS COMING TO THE RESCUE. * 8 CHANNELS OF DIGITAL AUDIO & VIDEO IN ONE SIMPLE, CLEAN PACKAGE.. What this means is : Never ever worry about what goes where again !!!
    NOTE: ALL DEVICE/ COMPONENT MFRS ARE SELLING 3RD AND EARLY 4th GENERATION SHIT AT DEEP DISCOUNTS TO RESELLERS- RETAILERS ( BEST BUY, FRY's, CiRcuit SHITTY,etc ) IN ORDER
    TO GET WHAT IN THE CHANNEL FLUSHED ...... HDMI IS ALMOST HERE - YOU WILL KNOW IT WHEN YOU SEE IT - So wait it out a lil longer !
    Rick32

ROZ
    Originally posted by carbonmarine
    HDMI & DVI are NOT comaptable each away ..... Only in the sense of video in/out . - NO AUDIO.
    AGAIN : IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT BUYING ANYTHING TRULY HIGH DEFINITION OR DIGITAL .... ** MAKE 110% SURE IT IS HDMI ENABLED. ** DVI IS FAULTY. CABLES and BOARDS ON THE DIVICES ARE NOT COMPATIBLE. HDMI ADRESSES THIS ISSUE - WHICH IS WHY HDMI IS COMING TO THE RESCUE. * 8 CHANNELS OF DIGITAL AUDIO & VIDEO IN ONE SIMPLE, CLEAN PACKAGE.. What this means is : Never ever worry about what goes where again !!!
    NOTE: ALL DEVICE/ COMPONENT MFRS ARE SELLING 3RD AND EARLY 4th GENERATION SHIT AT DEEP DISCOUNTS TO RESELLERS- RETAILERS ( BEST BUY, FRY's, CiRcuit SHITTY,etc ) IN ORDER
    TO GET WHAT IN THE CHANNEL FLUSHED ...... HDMI IS ALMOST HERE - YOU WILL KNOW IT WHEN YOU SEE IT - So wait it out a lil longer !
    Rick32 I didn't mean each eay as in audio and video, but as in source to tv and back. like new to old product.. It is VIDEO compatible, but that's all DVI ever was....
    I don't know that DVI is faulty, but there is no standard protocal. Maybe that's the fault.. Most manufacturers don't guarantee the picture quality when you mix manufacture sources to tv's. Only their own. I've seen plenty of mixed products have the jitters...
    HDMI will shouldy cure that. We already have the new Panasonic HDMI units
    Who do you work for ?
    Too bad it's only 2 way communication for control purposes, or atleast from what I've heard...

Hal
    Roz, Whats the best bang for the buck in big screens right now. Lets say in the 2 to $3000 range? or do I need to spend more?Just want something nice don't need all the bells and whistles.

Huntingtonbeach
    Perfect timing on this thread... we were looking at the samsung DLP's also... they worth it? or is the sony better or is it something else? You delivering to Havasu Roz? I might have to take one of those jumbo sets off your hands

goneboatin
    Boy, am I glad I posted this thread. I never knew anything about HDMI prior this thread and I almost spent over 5 grand on an obsolete unit.
    All you guys, thanks alot for all your input, it's made me a more informed shopper.
    Now what am I gonna do with this $5000 burning a hole in my pocket?

Phat Matt
    Originally posted by goneboatin
    Boy, am I glad I posted this thread. I never knew anything about HDMI prior this thread and I almost spent over 5 grand on an obsolete unit.
    All you guys, thanks alot for all your input, it's made me a more informed shopper.
    Now what am I gonna do with this $5000 burning a hole in my pocket?
    How about hookers and beer for everyone involved in this thread?

ROZ
    Originally posted by Phat Matt
    How about hookers and beer for everyone involved in this thread? I think Mande can pop for this one

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast