Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 04 Tahoe

cheezpanel
    I'm pulling the trigger on an 04 Tahoe tomorrow for the wife...here's the question. I've always lifted my trucks and know what I'm looking for. Not doing that on this one. Basically I want to drive from the dealer and put new rims and tires on it, but I really don't know what sizes to look for. Anyone have any pics? I'm thinking 18s or 19s, but on what size tires? I don't know if these will be too big or small, and haven't really looked around yet, just thought I'd ask for suggestions. Thank guys

N2Lake
    A set of 20s with some 285/50R20 or possibly even some 305/50R20s would fit. These sizes are getting to the point you can buy them right. Discount Tire usually has them on sale for 1500 to 1800 bucks for wheels and tires.

XtrmWakeborder
    im also going to say 20's ive got 18's on my blazer and their still kinda small...deffinately dont go with 19's tires are expensive as hell and their arent to many options.

XtrmWakeborder
    you could also step up to 22's like budget ballers sub http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...threadid=47473

roln 20s
    I'm with everyone else- 20's are the way to go. Not to expensive, tires are reasonable in that size- I'd do 285-50 tires. Plus, with those tires, you will get a real nice ride. You don't sacrifice anything. If you spend the money- definately get a set of 22's. Super clean looking, tires aren't too bad, but prepare for anywhere from 2800-4000 out the door for 22'sdepending on the brands and your connections.
    Budget ballers ride is awesome.
    Roln 20s

Mandelon
    What? No Spinners.......

Woodster
    Hey Cheezpanel we put 22" weld evo's on the wifes Tahoe..1st we lifted it and she hated it, so we had them take the lift off and put the 22's on it and slightly lower it. I had to trim some of the plastic fender liner on the rear wheel wells but other than that no probs with fit..

dicudmore
    keep your stock tires and wheels handy.....
    you WILL need them if you have a front end or driveline problem.
    other than stock tire size? sorry, NOT WARRANTY

Garrddogg
    Originally posted by dicudmore
    keep your stock tires and wheels handy.....
    you WILL need them if you have a front end or driveline problem.
    other than stock tire size? sorry, NOT WARRANTY do that again but in the soup nazi voice !

dicudmore
    Originally posted by Force 26
    do that again but in the soup nazi voice !

NO WARRANTY FOR YOU.....
    especially for guys with BLOWER MOTORS in suburbans (until after I've had my boat ride in the Force)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast