Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 04 Tahoe

roln 20s
    Thats why u upgrade every 2 years
    Man..is everyone on these boards ballers or what? I love being associated with such a bad ass group
    Roln 20s <---still dreamin of baller status

XtrmWakeborder
    Thats why u upgrade every 2 years
    rollin on lil 18's<----with roln 20's also dreamin of baller status lol
    maybe i should just jump up to the new 28's

cheezpanel
    Originally posted by Mandelon
    What? No Spinners.......
    That's what my wife said...no f'in way! Figured I'm spending the $$, might as well do it all now. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm heading down to Discount today to see what they've got. I think 20s is what I'll look for. Anyone have a hookup in San Diego that I should look into?

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    just keep in mind that the 285/50 r20 tire is larger diameter and will throw your speedometer off. we just bought a set of 18 x 9 chrome wheels with nitto 275/60 r18 tires for our '01 Tahoe and love them. you can go too big and the shorter the sidewall the rougher the ride. I personally don't like anything larger than 18's on a truck. the spinners have to go. the wheels and tires together were $1120 out the door. sorry no pics. I highly recommend the nitto extreme force suv tires or the toyo proxess s/t. I have the toyos on my pickup for about 8,000 miles showing no wear and holding their balance excellently. the nitto's all took less .5 oz to balance and run extemely smooth.
    Omega

cheezpanel
    Originally posted by OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    just keep in mind that the 285/50 r20 tire is larger diameter and will throw your speedometer off. we just bought a set of 18 x 9 chrome wheels with nitto 275/60 r18 tires for our '01 Tahoe and love them. you can go too big and the shorter the sidewall the rougher the ride. I personally don't like anything larger than 18's on a truck. the spinners have to go. the wheels and tires together were $1120 out the door. sorry no pics. I highly recommend the nitto extreme force suv tires or the toyo proxess s/t. I have the toyos on my pickup for about 8,000 miles showing no wear and holding their balance excellently. the nitto's all took less .5 oz to balance and run extemely smooth.
    Omega
    Thanks for the info...I hate those spinners too. I guess I'll look at 18s also. I really don't want to go too extreme, just something that looks nice and rides well etc...Some of the shops around here should have pics, etc...

TOBTEK
    Originally posted by cheezpanel
    I'm pulling the trigger on an 04 Tahoe tomorrow for the wife...here's the question. I've always lifted my trucks and know what I'm looking for. Not doing that on this one. Basically I want to drive from the dealer and put new rims and tires on it, but I really don't know what sizes to look for. Anyone have any pics? I'm thinking 18s or 19s, but on what size tires? I don't know if these will be too big or small, and haven't really looked around yet, just thought I'd ask for suggestions. Thank guys

hold on cheeze........................KAB, from the boards here and our neighbor at H/S also has a tahoe/wifey moble. He has a set of brandnew totally pimp chrome wheels and tires he wants to sell! I can find out this morning from him what exactly they are, ofcourse they are at the river ALL week I've seen the set for sale, they are VERY nice! But I can call him for you. He had another buddy sell his tahoe, and they bought his 23 or 24" superblings.....

cheezpanel
    Originally posted by TOBTEK
    hold on cheeze........................KAB, from the boards here and our neighbor at H/S also has a tahoe/wifey moble. He has a set of brandnew totally pimp chrome wheels and tires he wants to sell! I can find out this morning from him what exactly they are, ofcourse they are at the river ALL week I've seen the set for sale, they are VERY nice! But I can call him for you. He had another buddy sell his tahoe, and they bought his 23 or 24" superblings.....
    No prob...thanks for the heads up. I don't even have the thing yet, so I'll make sure I get ahold of you before I do anything. You coming out this weekend?

Hal
    Go to tirerack.com, you can put up an image of a 2004 Tahoe in your color and try a lot of different tire and wheel combos on it.

riverbound
    I put 22" momo vantage on my wifes tahoe and it rides really well (a little bit rougher than stock but also handles better) If you are the kind of person who is worried about gas mileage than dont go to larger wheels. By the way if you havent bought the truck yet you should call Jay Photoglou a call he is the sales manager at Camino Real Chevrolet he gave me the best price on a thaoe. He is a board member so just tell him you found out about him on Hotbaot. Definitely worth the drive I saved a ton of money.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...re_358-med.jpg

cheezpanel
    Originally posted by riverbound
    I put 22" momo vantage on my wifes tahoe and it rides really well (a little bit rougher than stock but also handles better) If you are the kind of person who is worried about gas mileage than dont go to larger wheels. By the way if you havent bought the truck yet you should call Jay Photoglou a call he is the sales manager at Camino Real Chevrolet he gave me the best price on a thaoe. He is a board member so just tell him you found out about him on Hotbaot. Definitely worth the drive I saved a ton of money.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...re_358-med.jpg
    Looks GREAT! I haven't bought the truck yet, but have a tent. deal in the works...where exactly Camino Real Chevy?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast