Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stereo Popping

Speedin' Ian
    First off thank you for all the help. Now for my ongoing struggles, today I pulled the truck in the driveway to try some of the things you guys suggested and as I pulled in the stereo quit working. Actually the stereo was still working, but there was no sound, so I think the remote on/off is fried. I know I'm getting power to the amps and I hooked up new bigger grounds to everything but still no music. So then I pulled out the deck and ran a new remote on off wire, but still no music. So now I think my deck is ruined which sucks, because I just bought it and it was kinda spendy. My next step was going to be installing another head unit I have and if the stereo works I'll assume my other head unit is toast. The biggest pisser of all is I have both the Best Buy warranty and the Pioneer warranty but I can't find my receipt. Do you guys know of any good places I should send it, or is it not worth it?

Havasu Hangin'
    If you think that you fried the remote wire...just run a small jumper wire from the positive block on the amp to the remote terminal- that will get the amp to fire.
    If you still have no music...then it's not the remote wire.
    If the stereo quit working, maybe the ground was not on correctly.
    Next...check the fuses.

Jrocket
    Originally posted by Mr. Naudio
    PS.
    I am an installer. (certifiable)
    A reputable shop would look at for free.
    Waiting for shameless spam now.

ROZ
    Originally posted by Speedin' Ian
    The biggest pisser of all is I have both the Best Buy warranty and the Pioneer warranty but I can't find my receipt. Do you guys know of any good places I should send it, or is it not worth it?
    If BestBuy records your name and phone number upon purchasing products, it's likely they can look it up under your personal information. I know we do....
    If it was the 760 I'd def exchange it for ya. Maybe Riverbound carries Pioneer and could help you out...

ROZ
    Originally posted by Jrocket
    Waiting for shameless spam now. If he infact works for the shop I think he works for, it wouldn't be shameless... I think he'd actually benefit if he said something about it....
    That's for him to do if he decides to....

riverbound
    Originally posted by ROZ
    If BestBuy records your name and phone number upon purchasing products, it's likely they can look it up under your personal information. I know we do....
    If it was the 760 I'd def exchange it for ya. Maybe Riverbound carries Pioneer and could help you out...
    I only carry the Premier line but if it is a 760 I will swap it. Did you check to see that none of your speaker wires are shorted? A lot of the time when a radio is still on and is looks like it is working but no sound comes out that usually indicates a shorted speaker wire. If all else fails give me a call I can refer you to a repair center. (909)481-8411 but it would be better for you could find your receipt.

ROZ
    Originally posted by riverbound
    but it would be better for you could find your receipt.
    If you paid with a credit card, your cc statement should reflect the sale...

Speedin' Ian
    Alright so the remote on/off wasn't fried, it turns out the fuse right next to the battery was bad. THe kicker is it looked fine, but seperated from the base, so you couldn't tell just by looking at it. So the stereo is working again, but I still have the loud pop when I change stations, and a slight whine that increases with engine rpm. I've already put new larger grounds to both of the amps so know I am going to run a new, larger, ground and power source to the deck.
    One other thing I didn't mention is the popping noise only started when I installed my new Kenwwod amp for the mids and highs, it always had the slight whine, but no pop.

riverbound
    Did you lower your gains yet?
    Set the gains all the way down and then turn the radio up tp 3/4 volume. then turn the gains up unitl it just begins to distort then back down just a little bit.

Speedin' Ian
    Yes I did adjust the gains like you suggested, but it still pops. BTW thanks for all the help guys!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast