Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apache Lake

Dawn Patrol
    Has anyone been to Apache Lake in Arizona? I'm going July 4th weekend with a bunch of peeps I grew up with (which have never been there either), but have no clue what the Lake and peeps are like there.
    Any input on this? Has anyone been there before?
    http://www.apachelake.com/home.html

HotRod Sprint
    You might try PMing Squirtcha? I think he was just there for a weekend trip himself. Still wish I had jumped on that Air Chair before someone else did.
    Rod

Dawn Patrol
    Originally posted by HotRod Sprint
    Still wish I had jumped on that Air Chair before someone else did.
    Rod
    I have it again HotRod! My costumer could not get up on it, So I gave the cash back. I'll be at Apache Lake over the 4th if you still want the Air Chair.

HotRod Sprint
    I forgot how much you are asking. what was it 10 bucks j/k
    Rod

DogHouse
    Next to Powell, Apache is the most scenic lake in AZ. It's not a big party lake, although there is a sandy beach back in "Party Cove" that gets hoppin' on weekends. A lot of people camp out on the lake because there are a lot of trees and shade along the shorelines. There's also a nice camp ground at Burnt Corral if that's more your speed. The marina has a decent motel but you need to reserve well in advance. Most weekends will see a small handful of "***boats", but mostly it's fishing rigs and more family oriented stuff. The best part is that it's not all that easy to get to and the dirt road scares a lot of people off, so it's usually not too busy. Holiday weekends will be the exception though.
    Have fun!
    -Brian

Dawn Patrol
    DogHouse,
    Thanks for the Heads up on the lake. We do have reservations at the Motel. Everyone just wanted to try something different on a big weekend from Havasu & Mohave.
    See Ya on the Water.

Sleek-Jet
    AZKC goes there some also, and if I ever get my Blazer running I plan on making a few trips this summer as well.

AZKC
    As a matter of fact I may be there this weekend I have some pics on WebShots I'll post a link when I get home. The Net Nazi's here at work have it blocked.

AZKC
    Here's a link to some Apache Lake pics. If you come in from the PHX side you'll be driving on the road in the first few pics. Be careful and be patient
    Apache Lake AZ (http://community.webshots.com/album/72883913gTfVKH)
    Party Cove with a small group it can get packed sometimes
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ay0031-med.jpg

Dawn Patrol
    AZKC,
    Nice photos. One of the boats in our group is a 22' Cobra, White with Purple & Yellow Flames, if you see us, drop by for cold one.
    We will be there July 2- July 5.
    Thanks again,
    AL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast