Thread: 19' Tahiti jetboat for sale $1500

warlock27
    Not a mis print...One thousand five hundred dollars.
    19' Tahiti , Berkley jet w/ droop snoot. Good glass and wood. w/ trailer. Sanded for paint. No engine. located near Dallas TX
    call 239 292 8335 for more details
    Dan

warlock27
    back end

BigBoyToys
    That looks almost Identical to the Tahiti boat that I recently sold. I'm not looking for another boat right now, but good luck selling it. Looks like it can be a nice project for someone.

Mrs. Psycho Squid
    We restored one of those once. Yours is in much better condition then when we got ours. (picture upside down on a trash pile....) Anyway, that would make a great boat for someone looking for a project. We always regret selling ours. Here's a picture of the finished project.....
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...50_NOS-med.jpg

warlock27
    Nice job Ms Pet!!!!!
    I was kinda hopeing mine would end up like that but I just have too many projects.
    Someone will get a heck of a deal tho.
    Dan

warlock27
    I really need to sell this boat. Its in Texas at a friends house and its taking up his driveway space.
    Someone make me an offer.
    Dan
    danb1215@earthlink.net

Sanger Pete
    The problem I see is just the cost of doing project boats these days. I'm working on two right now. If I bought your Tahiti for $1500, I'd have to: (1) Put in a motor--$500 for rebuildable core, $600 for machine work, $700 for misc parts/gaskets, etc. (2) Interior--$200 for wood/materials for frames, $1200 for upholstery work. (3) $500 for misc--guages, cables, carpet, etc. (4) $400 to sandblast and powder coat the trailer, (5) $500 for paint and supplies, and (6) $500. to go through the pump if needed. That totals between $5600 and $6100, and compared to a new boat, that's pretty inexpensive. However, a person can buy a turn key Tahiti for $4000-$4500. The problem isn't the value of the project boat, it's the availability of these under priced alternatives--at least underpriced when you buy from me, but overpriced if I'm buying from you.
    What I see happening is that these "project boats" are getting sold as projects to a succession of buyers, who hold on to them until their wife makes them sell for less than they paid, until someone just says "free if you haul it off" or they donate it to a non profit organization for the tax deduction (that's how I've been getting my project boats), or they part them out.
    Sorry--Probably doesn't help much--just my experience and observations.
    Sanger Pete