Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: supercharging and fuel injection

tbanzer
    Looking to convert my 540 from a single dominator to blown fuel injection. Motor cr is 9.0:1 looking to run mild boost about 5lbs with intercooler. I would like to lean towards fuel injection. Anyone make a stand alone system. Guessing Ill need about 1700cfm, should put out close to800hp.

Essex29
    I'm doing the same exact conversion...
    I was planning on going with the Whipple. but the cost blew it out of the water. I think now I will do the Az speed efi (already have this) with a m-1 or m-3 procharger.
    Anyone have any other idea's for us?

GofastRacer

DogHouse
    If you're looking to do EFI with a roots blower, both Kuhl (www.kuhlsuperchargers.com) and Force EFI (www.force-efi.com) have injector manifolds, or hats, and throttle bodies that would make the conversion easier. There are many different ECUs out there that can be used. If you're starting from scratch, the complete Whipple system isn't all that expensive once you start adding up all the pieces it takes to put a complete system together.

Turbojack
    I have just changed this year to efi, went with the FAST system. You can program it your self. I was scared at first since I did not know anything about EFI but have had plenty of help from other boaters with system around the country.
    Had procharger with M4 & dual carb box. Changed to single 2000cfm throttle body. Planing to get the rtech box.
    FAST (http://www.fuelairspark.com/)
    Rtech (http://www.rtechperformance.com/)
    Tom from Rtech was planing on coming out with a complete EFI package. Give him a call.
    One of the companies I delt with that supplied me parts I would not deal with again. If interested PM me & I will tell you the story.

Dave C
    anyone have a system that runs and O2 sensor?

Turbojack
    The fast system runs a wide band O2 sensor.

DogHouse
    My Electromotive brain will support an O2 sensor but I haven't gotten around to installing one yet.
    -brian

GEOO
    I run a F.A.S.T. system, Wide Band O2, Batch set-up, 74 lbs inj run @ 60 psi with a M3 Procharger, 504 IC on my Small Block.

RACER52
    I'm running the Holley Commander 950 EFI system. Very reasonably
    priced and you can do all the tuning yourself. It also uses an o2 sensor.
    I believe you can get the ecu,dist, and all the sensors for under 2k. including the engine harness.
    I like the real time tuning you can do with your laptop. It also has a datalogger for doing a run and recording. To play back and see the graphs.
    Racer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast