Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Diego Rental Market is Crazy..

GrapeApe
    I put one of My Houses up or Rent in Fletcher Hills, for what I thought was a good amount. Placed an Ad in the Reader, and have been Bombarded with Phone Calls.. Then my Top 3 Applicants Started offering me more $$$ than what I listed in the Ad...
    *** Grape Ape ***

MRS FLYIN VEE
    that's good did you take more money.. I would have if their offering more why not.. congrats.

dmontzsta
    everywhere in California is crazy right now.

TheEduKATor
    Grape Ape, crazy is not the word for it. San Diego just got off the top 5 most expesive places to rent, but you could have fooled me. I've lived in SD the past ten years and have been a renter. When my bro and I attended college our irst apartment started at $790 for a 2bd 1 bath. When we moved out 3 years later it was somewhere in the $12 hundreds. I lived in a studio 1 bd 1 bath 4 years ago that started at $640 then went up $900 after the first year. It's ridiculous. MsEduKATor and I our renting a 3bd 2 bath house near SDSU. Her aunt is the property manager and hooked us up or else we'd be living on the boat. Four college girls wanted to rent this house for almost a thousand more than what we are paying for it. Shitty part is there is no room to park the boat.

GrapeApe
    Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
    that's good did you take more money.. I would have if their offering more why not.. congrats.
    I took more Money..... I had people calling from L.A. & Orange County that where going to be Attending SDSU that wanted the place... It was nice to be able to have enough Qualified Canidates to choose from, cause there where a bunch of people that where interested that had Horrible Credit.. I am glad that it worked out...
    *** Grape Ape ***

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    DANG!!
    My first apartment in PB was only $540 back in 1990. ITs probably over $1k now.

GrapeApe
    Originally posted by Mrs. Bordsmnj
    DANG!!
    Way over $1k.. My 1st place was a 1 Bedroom House in PB in 1992 for $650... The same place rents for $1300 now... and its a Hole in The Wall P.O.S.....
    But we love it here, and Fortunate enough to own Property here... I feel Bad for Young Families starting out on there own, trying to figure out how to buy a $500k 1200 Sq Foot House that needs another 40k to make liveable...
    *** Grape Ape ***

MRS FLYIN VEE
    Originally posted by GrapeApe
    I took more Money..... I had people calling from L.A. & Orange County that where going to be Attending SDSU that wanted the place... It was nice to be able to have enough Qualified Canidates to choose from, cause there where a bunch of people that where interested that had Horrible Credit.. I am glad that it worked out...
    *** Grape Ape ***
    very cool I'm very happy for you.. congrats again.

TheEduKATor
    Originally posted by Mrs. Bordsmnj
    DANG!!
    I'd say at least that Mrs. Bordsmnj. A co-worker of mine bought a 2b 1 bath condo in Dec. in Ocean Beach for a ridiculous amount. He was tired of renting a 1bd 1 bath studio apartment in the same area for $1350, which is a big chunk of change when you are living off a teacher's salary.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    Before I moved to OC, I was living in a tiny little house on Mt. Soledad and my roommate paid over $650,000 for it. It wasn't much bigger than a double-wide. Had a kickass view and is surrounded by mansions but I don't think that makes it worth it.
    Rental and home sale prices are obscene up here in OC too. But I do think SD is worse.
    Time to move to the river!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast