Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: place diverter advice please.

signmaster
    Im about to order a diverter from cp for my 79 18' sw spectra wich one do I want the ajustable nozzle or the regular type also would this hull benifit from a droop snoot ?I want to order the hydralic kit but it doesnt appear to have the ajdustable nozzle option , only with manual.

victorfb
    i have no experience backing this up, but what ive heard is that the adjustable nozzle will basically only benefit the hard core racer, were fractions of seconds count big time. it does look cool having the anodized nozzle in there, but i wouldnt spend extra money just for that. as for the diverter being differant between the hydrolic and manual, the only thing i thought was differant is the mounting arm. i could be wrong. most likely.

Ken F
    Just a suggestion, why not look at an Agressor divirter? They are a llittle less money, and come with the inserts. I've owned both, and like the Agressor much better personally. If you look at the inside of the two side by side, the Agressor looks like it is a smoother bore(less restriction), and shoots a Bigger rooster too!
    Ken F

signmaster
    who sells agresser so far all ive seen is the place Ive heard of some of the other brands but wasnt sure where to shop? so far Ive been to rex ,cp and eddie marine. is agresser any faster , I need more speed.

riverbound
    The Spectra 18' is by no means a speed demon and most likely you have an "e" pump. I put the hydraulic diverter on mine because there are no stringers in these boats for the stringer mount. You can get the floor mount but then it will be mounted right in the middle in the way.

signmaster
    the pump is a berkely jg so far Im seeing speeds about 80 -82 @5600 rpm with no pump mods as of yet im hoping that with a loader, diverter & cavitation reducer ill see low 90's if thats not possible Ill move everything to a tunnel, Ive been bitten by the bug theres no stoppin me now!!!

Taylorman
    Originally posted by signmaster
    who sells agresser so far all ive seen is the place Ive heard of some of the other brands but wasnt sure where to shop? so far Ive been to rex ,cp and eddie marine. is agresser any faster , I need more speed.
    Call Dwayne at Hi Tech Performance. The American Turbine is also a nice diverter. CP sucks. Buy from Dwayne or Rex Marine cause they give advise on these boards and have much better service than CP. The aggressor and American turbine come standard with rudder and nozzle insert, its extra on the place diverter.
    www.hi-techperformance.com
    The hydraulic and manual diverters are the same, you just add the hydraulic kit if you want it.

signmaster
    thanks guys once again you've been alot of help:wink:

Signmaster, the Hydraulic diverter can be purchased with the FTN nozzle. You simply purchase the FTN diverter and a Hydraulic Kit. If you have an E pump be sure to specify as it's a different diverter than the standard Berks.
    Jumping for 80 to low 90's with the mods you mention I think's a stretch unless you add some HP. That is assuming your pump is in good condition now and not worn out. You can get a few MPH out of these options but 10+ would be a rare case IMO.
    We can also get any of the diverters mentioned even though not on our website at this time. Just call Bob here for more info if interested.

napabob
    Originally posted by manuel
    I would NOT buy anything from CP,
    I also had a disappointing episode with Rick Bourns of C. P. Performance. I purchased a new marine Holley 750 CFM and while installing the dual rigid fuel lines, I discovered that one of the inlets was missing the fuel filter, fuel filter gasket, and filter retaining spring. Instead of calling the company that supplied the carburetor and requesting the missing parts, he (Rick) wanted to sell me the parts and asked me to wait for two weeks.
    This type of customer support will make me think twice about purchasing something from C. P. Performance (other items purchased: Place diverter stringer mounted manual control, diverter control cable, and small polished rudder – all in the same month).
    I e-mailed carburetor@holley.com and received a timely response from a gentleman named Ray requesting a delivery address to send me the missing parts. It was something I was sure to expect from a reputable company after explaining my dilemma to them about one of their distributors.
    Prior to doing business with C. P. Performance, I forwarded another thread regarding ‘customer service’ woes experience by other purchasers. Rick’s response was:
    ‘As you know there are always two sides to any story’. I had to give him the benefit of a doubt. Now, I am very doubtful that I will do business with them without being very careful.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast